New one for me. Part of the hair doesn't auto-follow.

I've never experienced this before. The morph is part of Zevo's Body Diversity for Genesis 8. The morph itself is BD Proportions Body Scale.

Hair is Vertigo Ponytail for Genesis 8.

When the morph slider is all the way to 100% (making the model smaller) the actual tail fits to the hair. As the slider goes the other direction, the body and hair cap move but the tail doesn't. I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary in the settings either. Does anyone know how to fix it? I did try to reload the hair but that didn't work. I've attached screenshots.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

body scale down.png
872 x 865 - 512K
body scale up.png
875 x 872 - 548K

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,875

I think that hair tail has bones for posing.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

If the tail is a separate prop, parented to the rest of the hair, it doesn't necessarily autofollow the morphs activated on the figure.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited September 2021

The ponytail has a rigidity group to stop it deforming when different shapes are applied. It works great for most shapes, but some body scaling morphs aren't playing nice with the rigidity.  (I don't have your particular one, but it happens with the giant HD scaling morph). A partial fix would be to remove the rigidity group. Select the ponytail, go to geometry editor and choose vertex mode, then right click the rigidity group that shows up and delete it. Best to do this before you apply your morph, otherwise you'll need to go to scene tab and with the hair selected, click the dropdown menu and click assets - clear generated morphs. I say partial fix, as without the rigidity, the ponytail may be a little distorted by your morph. 

Post edited by Redz on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited September 2021

Edited - thought I'd found the reason but it's not working consistently 

Post edited by Redz on
  • barbult said:

I think that hair tail has bones for posing.

It does have the ability to tweak it. However, the tweaks deform it because I have to disable limits.

• PerttiA said:

If the tail is a separate prop, parented to the rest of the hair, it doesn't necessarily autofollow the morphs activated on the figure.

I'll check that to see. I thought it was one mesh though.