DAZ 3d cannot find a character, even though it's in the library folder

Hi, I installed Karsyn HD for G8F from the store. However, when I double click it I get a message '....file not found'. When I right click the Karsyn-Actor icon and open the containing folder, it opens up the correct folder, and I can see the Karsyn H 'duf' file that DAZ can't find. Also if I double click the .duf file in file explorer the character gets added normally. So, is DAZ saying the file does not exist/not found ? Thank you!

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

What file specifically is it having trouble finding? I recall an incident where a figure couldn't load the Genesis 8 DUF because a vendor put a space in the file path.

• How did you install? If you find the icon for the Karsyn HD for Genesis 8 Female in the product tab of Smart Content does it have a coloured thumbnail with a triangle in a broken circle at top-right?

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

Richard Haseltine said:

How did you install? If you find the icon for the Karsyn HD for Genesis 8 Female in the product tab of Smart Content does it have a coloured thumbnail with a triangle in a broken circle at top-right?

Richard - What's does the triangle in a broken circle mean?  I have 12 products in my Install tab that each has a grey picture icon with the triangle in a broken circle.  My full comments and screen captures are in the attached document file.

As always, thanks.

Joe 

pdf
    pdf
    Daz Studio.pdf
  • Grey means not installed at all. Coloured but with the circled triangle means installed by a method other than using Daz Studio itself.

Richard Haseltine said:

Grey means not installed at all. Coloured but with the circled triangle means installed by a method other than using Daz Studio itself.

Thanks for your clarification.  The last item in my PDF file was for Expressions for Little Ones which was installed via DIM.  The expressions are available for the Little Ones characters but the icon for Expressions for Little Ones ae grey in the Install tab and in Smart Content.  Trying to figure out Daz Studio’s file installation and organization schemes (Install tab; Smart Content; Content Library mapped folders, files and Products; Connect; DIM; Daz Central) can be frustrating.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

jjoyner said:

Thanks for your clarification.  The last item in my PDF file was for Expressions for Little Ones which was installed via DIM.  The expressions are available for the Little Ones characters but the icon for Expressions for Little Ones ae grey in the Install tab and in Smart Content.  Trying to figure out Daz Studio’s file installation and organization schemes (Install tab; Smart Content; Content Library mapped folders, files and Products; Connect; DIM; Daz Central) can be frustrating.

It's only frustrating if you let it be frustrating.

By which I mean, use DIM and ignore everything else. smiley 

margrave said:

I only install using DIM on my current computer with the exception of about a dozen content items that DS would not recognize if installed via DIM.  I resorted to using Connect to install them so that DS would recognize them as installed.  All of the Little Ones content was installed using DIM yet Expressions for Little Ones still appears as uninstalled … even though the expressions are actually available.

DIM.jpg
    1068 x 553 - 133K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

margrave said:

jjoyner said:

And... DO NOT LOG IN TO DS