Why are my older .duf saved files suddenly beginning to balloon in size?

I'm starting to notice an issue where I will open a previously saved .duf to edit it - usually a street scene or a prop - where it was originally saved with a file size of under 1 MB, and then when I save the edited file, the file size will inflate exponentially (for instance, a street scene that I originally saved at 900 KB will blow up when saved to something like 10 MB when all I did was to literally move some items in it to different locations within the scene). Has anyone else ever come across this, and if so, can anyone explain what's going on?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Ten megabytes is not much, do you have people in the scene and have you installed any characters or morphs for those base figures after you used them on those scenes?

The save file only saves references to your installed content and their status in the scene (value of the morph dials, materials used) but if you change any geometry of the assets in the scene, the modified geometry will be saved in the save file, as is the case with any imported assets.