D Force Kensington Hair for Gen 8

sliders49sliders49 Posts: 87

I've just obtained [dForce Kensington Hair for Gen 8] the above product and I was happy for the most part. Looks good on the models, the colors nice and very Vibriant. The Issue: 

THE MORPHS DOESN'T WORK 

I have loaded the hair, colored it but when I go to shape it, it just stays static. Never move just hangs there as it was loaded. Am I missing something here? I would like to be able to shape the hair, change the styles, show it blowing in the wind but zero, nada. 

Any thoughts or ideas how to fix this challenge?

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• The ones I have tried work for me. How did you install, and which version of Daz Studio is this (Help>About Daz Studio)?

• I install via Daz Central and I use Daz Studio 4.15 Pro

• If you load the hair and then go to Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File are theerv any erro messages in the final section related to the hair?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

If you load the hair without any character selected, do the morphs work?

• I have no idea what Richard Haseltine is talking about.I try that and I get a text edit script with a zillion code on it. What does an error message look like?  

PerttiA I tried that and no, it stil does not work. 

Look at the two completed renders, looks good but the Morphs do not work. I am unable to style the hair any different. Will I just have to make peace with myself that this product just not gonna ever work properly for me? 

ABC lights 2.png
    935 x 820 - 1M
    ABC stretching.png
    935 x 822 - 1M
  • AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,489

The readme says "For most operations you need to select Kensington Hair" - did you select the hair in the scene before trying to use the morphs?  

For new users reading this: if you didn't already know, all products come with a readme (at least they are meant to) and you can find there how to use the product.  There are many ways to find the readme document - with DIM you can click the i (info) button, or with DS smart content you can click right click on the product and select More Information.  Also check out the new users forum to get started.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/new-users Goodluck.  :)

The PA @PhilW might be able to help further if you still have questions. :)

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

I would try uninstalling then reinstalling to see if that fixes it...  I don't have the hair so I cannot test

If the hair is the last thing loaded you would scroll to the end of the log file. WIll load an example.

• Goto the Scene Pane & click on the little arrow next to the "Kensington Hair Cap" to expand its bones & then Select the "Kensington Hair".  The morphs/style/wind presets will then work