Dforce Hair - What am I doing wrong?

xstanxstan Posts: 37

So I've looked through topics on the forum, watched/read dforce tutorials, have adjusted my settings and cannot figure out what is wrong. My dforce renders take about 20 minutes even with everything but the figure itself turned off and they are never settled properly on the figure the way they are in the promo images and even gallery images other people have put up. The hair is always too puffy, often mishapen around the ears (especially because I tend to make fantasy characters with elf or oddly shaped ears), or still inches above the scalp when the simulation finishes.  My graphics card is an RTX 2060 so I feel like that should be more than enough to properly simulate hair. 

I've changed between Better, Best, and Good and none fix the problem. I've done Timeline and Current Frame, Memorized Pose on and off, even messed with the actual dforce settings in the surface tab and nothing is working. Changing settings usually does change the appearance, but nothing I am doing is getting any of the hair to look the way it does in the promo images. I feel like I must be missing something everyone else is getting.

The fact that it takes 20 minutes to finish a single simulation of just the hair and naked figure is also really making it impossible to play around with the settings as much as I'd like to. If I could speed that up, that alone would help, but every topic I've found on speeding up dforce simulation seems to focus just on hiding everything  you don't need which I am already doing, or using a better graphics card which I think I have.

Please help!

Post edited by xstan on

Comments

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

A couple of things to help out here: what figure and what hair?  Strand based hair takes longer but still not 20 minutes I have an older machine with RTX 2060.. The hair should not be above the scalp if it has proper fits for the figure.  For the ears you will need to look at the hidden morphs and dial out the ear morphs you are using that will help it from deforming around the ears.  You can also turn off autofollow on the ear morphs see this thread.

• xstanxstan Posts: 37

Thanks! I will try that on the ears tomorrow. 

As for what I'm using, it's various figures and hair. It happens on any figures and any hair I've tried, so I know it's something on my end and not the figures/items.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

If you go to Simulation Settings > Advamced is your GPU then listed there?

And can you run dForce clothing simulations without issue?

• xstanxstan Posts: 37
    edited September 2021

It is there and clothing simulations are really slow too and I can't get them to always work exactly like I think they should, but I haven't messed around with them as much because my focus has mostly been on hair. 

Post edited by xstan on