Convert To Currencies...

XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Not so much a suggestion for a product as the site:

I have to perpetually use the currency conversion ability in Google, but am discovering it can be a bit tedious when trying to get the best value for money in various different combinations of assorted items.

Being able to convert the price from dollars into pounds would be a great addition! Over the entire store would be excellent, but even if it's just for the shopping cart, it would be tremendously advantageous.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,076
    edited December 1969

The number wouldn't be reliable since most payment methods add a percentage to the actual exchange rate for their fee. Why not convert a set sum (say $1) to £, then multiply that in a calculator or spreadsheet by the balance in your cart or the price of an item - no need to keep going to another website then.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited January 2015

Same difference. :)

It shouldn't be difficult for the shopping cart's calculation to be auto-converted to a currency other than dollars. It's not massively prohibitive or anything, but auto-conversion would make things vastly more convenient. Especially during large sales! More so in time-limited ones, where you only have an hour or so to make decisions.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 1969

I use this http://www.xe.com/

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I think Google brings the same thing up on screen (or something very like it) when you type in 'currency converter'. I have a feeling it's a universal widget they've installed.