Fast Rendering without IRay

Hello,
After a lot of trouble, I finally have Daz working on my computer... but when I render it's all washed out and over-lit and a mess (from the "auto headlamp"?  But if I set that to "never" I get a black silhouette ...)  Back in old Daz 4.0 on the fastest rendering, you basically got what you saw in the viewport, minus the floor grid (at slightly higher resolution)... Is there any setting in 4.15 to get that?  

Comments

• you need to pick viewport in your render options,

if you have any lights not enabling a headlamp will give a very black render 

click ctl and L together to enable it

Filament is a nicer drawstyle option 

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

you need to pick viewport in your render options,

if you have any lights not enabling a headlamp will give a very black render 

click ctl and L together to enable it

Filament is a nicer drawstyle option 

I don't see where Filiment is...  Veiwport seems to be the default, so it's already selected.   
    In the old Daz Studio, it had a while background and the lighting was pretty close to what you see in the viewport.... in 4.15, it seems to have a transparent background?  And the lighting is nothing like what you see before hitting "render". The auto headlamp really washes everything out. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited September 2021

you can also choose 3Delight if you prefer it and are used to it, it works the same as it did before iray was added, it even is a bit better.

you need lights for it if you don't have a headlamp.

Filament is in the drawstyles dropdown next to the camera selection in the viewport

Untitled.jpg
    1695 x 921 - 411K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • edited September 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

you can also choose 3Delight if you prefer it and are used to it, it works the same as it did before iray was added, it even is a bit better.

you need lights for it if you don't have a headlamp.

Filament is in the drawstyles dropdown next to the camera selection in the viewport

I found Filiment (PRB),  but it's grayed out. I also foound I wasn't using viewport rendering like I thought  -0 -fixed that and it's a little better... not as good as Daz 4.0, though....  It looks like to avoid that png transparancy checkerboard, I'll have to put a backdrop prop into every scene...  unless there's a settign to change the background transparancy to white? The render also is no bigger or higher resolution than tha actual viewport, so not any better than PrtScrn and pasting in Paint... though maybe a little less hassle. 

Post edited by mlpetersmail_b79b0d6b5f on
  • oh are you on a Mac?

Filament doesn't work yet on Mac.

render to a new window and you can make it bigger

under environment you can choose backdrop

• Thanks  - -reading over what Wendy said I started playing around with it.... I managed to get a bigger image with it still rendering super-fast...  It's still got the transparancy, but I can live with that  -- import the png into Photoshop and it's easy to fill... plus I could always put a backdrop into the scene.  It's working - - just needed some suggestions to get a start  -- thanks!