Chanel now crashes Daz

I have been using DAZ for about a year  and have used the Chanel character quite a lot during that year (Chanel HD for Genesis 8 Female | Daz 3D). However lately as soon as I load Chanel Daz immediately shuts down. I assumed that it was a corruption issue so did a full uninstall and reinstall of Daz but she is still crashing Daz. Beyond the frustration of Daz uninstaller not completely removing all the Daz components can anyone think why one character is not working but the rest seem to be? I haven't checked every other character but those that I have checked are working fine.

I have a two year old HP laptop with a radeon card so stuck with CPU only rendering. My normal renders are one character only in portraits with limited use of props and wardrobe. Before the crash I had about a thousand items loaded in Daz and the new installation is smaller with only 300 hundred loaded.

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Help -> Troubleshooting -> View Log File.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,357
    edited September 2021

Uninstalling Daz Studio will do nothing for content issues. However, I do see an issue in Iray - Chanel loaded OK, into a texture Shaded Viewport, but as soon as I hit render DS crashed to desktop. The log shows just four textures processed, but with a hard crash like this there may well be other messages that were never written.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

I recently ran into a problem with the new iray causing a CTD with certain tif files.

Check the materials and see if tif files are used for anything, if so, try removing them and see if the CTD still happens.

• Thank you.

Chanel Template 5, mouth and teeth use the same tif files. Bit deeper into Daz than I normally go. I'd like to remove them to a temp folder then convert them to jpg. Should that work?

It is a iray issue. I can open Chanel in texture shaded no issue but if I try to render in Iray it CTDs.

• Cut the files out of the chanel textures folder temporarily and it now runs ok in iray. Thank you IceCrMn.

• My solution was to convert the tif files to Jpgs and save the character with the jpgs used for the textures. Chanel nows works and the teeth and mouth look like they should.

Thanks for everybodys help.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

You're Welcome.

You should put in a ticket to report the issue and the solution so the product can be updated.

PNG is a better format than jpg for those files, but jpg will do fine for now until an official fix is released.

• I opened a ticket on tis last night, I can add the comment about its being the tiff files.