Smooth shaded white, affecting textures when rendered

Hello. I'm having some trouble with the textures on a custom character. I used the Genesis 8 Female as a base, adjusted the shape in ZBrush, and did seamless UDIM painting in Substance Painter. Everything looked fine when brought it back into Daz and applied the Iray Uber Base and textures, but when I reopened the project yesterday the seams were visible with the preview and a full render, and the face, arms, and legs were both brighter and shinier. I checked all of the settings and nothing appears to have changed there, but admittedly that's a lot of dials so I'm not discounting that I might have overlooked something.

However, I switched over to smooth shaded at one point and noticed that all of the areas affected are bright white in that mode, the torso (the only thing unaffected) still gray. I'm thinking that this might be the cause...? I thought about starting over, but it's tedious and I'm leary the same thing may happen since I have no idea what went wrong, or why/how it changed. I was hoping someone might know how to return it to normal, or maybe change the torso to match.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Please repost with clothes, ot just show the problem areas (e.g. head and upper torso).

Did you check that all the surface settings were consistent (one way is to select Skin in the Editor tab of the surfaces pane, then scroll through looking for values that show <?> indiscating that the selected surfaces are not all the same; maps, of course, will not match anyway). If that doesn't uncover the issue you may need to go through each map on each surface comparing the values in the Image Editor dialogue (not the Layered Image Editor) for the maps on each proeprty - gamma value differences can be the cause of this kind of effect.