The Beach - Turn off the Fog?

I bought "The Beach" a few weeks back. It's an old product, but I like it.

https://www.daz3d.com/the-beach

Unfortunately, The Beach, has this "fog" in the scene. It's great, but sometimes, I want fog free scenes. Also, I suspect, the fog is affecting the speed at which I can work, because, it takes substantial amount of computing power.

How would I turn it off?

I did find "fog' under Surfaces, but I am not sure which one turns it off.

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

I don't have the product so can't directly help. Looking at the description it looks liek the fog is an integral part (not a separate prop) so - as you have done so, you need to find the materiall zone/surface. The setting you are looking for is probably called 'Cutout Opacity' - dial that down to 0.

• Simon JM.

Yes. This beach thing is unusual (or, I am still simply new to Daz, so I am not ready to simply declare if something is unusual), and it is a huge, single prop! It's crazy. None of my other environment sets are like this.

Ah! I do have that setting. Right now, it is set to 0.5. I will try it out and update you if it fixed once I try out your advice.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,891

Have you checked the node hierarchy in the scene view? It's possible that the fog is a bone of the main prop.

• @SimonJM

You are a genius pal. The fog is now under my control. Aha! Yes. So happy I am.

@Gordig,

I can confirm that there is no node hierarchy of any sort. It's literally one huge, single prop.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

vijayasimhabr said:

@SimonJM

You are a genius pal. The fog is now under my control. Aha! Yes. So happy I am.

@Gordig,

I can confirm that there is no node hierarchy of any sort. It's literally one huge, single prop.

Glad it worked for you! @Gordig's suggestion of looking for a 'bone' /node for the fog was a, probably, better way of doing it.

• @SimonJM

I will keep that (node in scene) in mind for other props. But this prop, I can confirm that is just one huge single prop. there are no nodes under it.

I think the product is like 5 years old or something. It looks very dull and ancient. May be from the V2 or V3 era. Perhaps, that is how they did things back in the day. 

Once again, thanks to both of you. I would consider this issue issue resolved :)