Trouble Converting Clothing into dForce Prop

I have a pair of shorts for G8F that was not originally dForce, but converted well and simulated fine on the figure. Now though I want to use it as a prop and simulate it lying on a surface as laundry. I unparented/unfitted it from G8F, and converted figure to prop. When I simulate it now, while it does deform somewhat against the surface it's landing on, it still basically retains its shape as if still fitted to G8F rather than collapsing against the surface.

Any idea what step I'm missing?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

After you converted it to a prop, did you add a new dforce modifier to it?

• FSMCDesigns said:

After you converted it to a prop, did you add a new dforce modifier to it?

No but I didn't need to. That was actually the first thing that occurred to me when it didn't work at first, so I checked. The dForce dynamic surface mod is still there, with the same surface settings I added to it when it was a 'figure". It's performing dForce deformation against a piece of furniture, but it's just doing it in such a way that it seems to think it's still conformed to the figure - as if it were fitted to an invisible G8F.

• Okay now this is very strange. I finally decided i could do without that specific clothing item and chose a similar one from KindredArt's "dForce Laundry" product, which I have used several times before wiith no problem. It behaves exactly the same way! I don't get it - it's not like I've never used dForce before - I've run dozens of successful simulations. I checked all my settings in the Simulation Settings tab... looks all normal.

I just realized: I've been using EcVhO's "dForce Master - Cloth Simulation Presets" for the first time, and I had just copied the shader over from the original clothing article I had the problem with initially, forgetting that the EcVhO dForce surface settings would be included in that. So I backed those shader settings out, and it now works FINE! I wonder what changes those presets are making that cause this?