Problem Loading Content

I was using Studio 4.15.0.2 with no issues and then sudenly I could not load scenes or models.  Just loading something simple like a base Genesis 8 figure, the program would hang on the pop up window for setting up the scene (Reading Asset, Clearing the Scene..., Deleting Objects).  At the top of that window it says DAZ Studio (Not Responding).  Sometimes it would let me load saved scenes and then after a very, very long time it would load the scene (mind you, i don't do complicated renders, usually just a figure and some clothes and a couple of lights and that would take like 10 minutes).

I decided to upgrade the program to see if the problem would go away and upgraded to DAZ Studio 4.15.0.30.  After the upgrade, same problem.  I thought it could be an issue with memory and the size of my content library, but I checked and still have almost 1TB of free space on that drive, so it's not storage drive memory.  Is there a library content limit I need to watch (can the library content floder become too big to function?

Not sure how to fix this issue.

Running Win 7 (x64), 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GForce GTX1060, 6GB.  Never had issues before.

Comments

• MoogooMoogoo Posts: 136

Have you added anything like a certain character or something before you noticed this happening? If you know when this started it might be worth uninstalling the recent things you have added.

• I,  as many others, seem to have the same problem.  At some point, with a large library of characters, D3D started to get very slow on loading characters.  I don't have a problem with props, or even G8M characters, but load times for G8F are terrible.  I also get this message a message for a file not found when loading a G8F character.  This is the file name:

data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/genesis8male.dsf

I find it a little odd that a genesis 8 male file isn't found each time I load a G8F character.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

The log is the best source of information on what's wrong with your installation.

Loading problems are usually related to recently installed content, which is in conflict with previously installed content - Reinstalling DS and/or updating it does not fix this type of problems.

Log file can be found in Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File, once opened, pin it to the taskbar to have easy access to it.
    Attach the log to your post with "Attach a file" above "Post Comment" button instead of copying the text to the message area.

• Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 356
    edited September 2021

Thanks to all for the guidance.  I went through my recent installs one by one (luckily there were not many). It was a freebie character I got from TurboSquid that was causing the slowdown.  Once I unistalled it, everything was normal again.  Not sure why, but just happy I found the problem.

Post edited by Fragg1960 on