Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,954

Chris Fox Art said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

gaaaaah grrrr meh

having issues reinstalling and activating Octane render

OF COURSE

I knew this would happen

Have you deactivated and reactivated your octane license on your otoy account?

all fixed, lost no lives and yes did all that, see other bespoke thread 

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,200
    edited July 2023

"Drive northwest out of Houston, and as cow pastures wrestle back the flat expanse from the city’s tentacled sprawl, there arise along the road, suddenly, improbably, many, many cricket fields."  (NYTimes, 15July2023)

I can't get a picture to paste or attach, but if you're interested, search on Prarie View Cricket Complex.

Post edited by Steve K on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088

Cricket was very popular in northern Virginia where I started my teaching career.  Some of the students would shut down the center of campus and use the central open lawn to play.  There was a convenient sidewalk to set up the bowling area.  A wealthy alum is involved with professional cricket and is reportedly donating money toward a pro/college cricket facility if the school spends....

https://wjla.com/news/local/cricket-dc-george-mason-university-baseball-team-major-league-mlc-american-study-pan-development-sports

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,862

this year Cricket next year the first round of Australia's NRL is being planned to be played in the USA... why?... I dunno cool

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Cricket. A game with a ball and a stick... just like baseball but with more complicated scoring!

But I do like the cricket culture in the UK. The fans bring elaborate picnics for when the players 'break for lunch' and later 'break for tea'. Can't see that with baseball. 

Anyways,  I do like cricket, and no, I don't love it as sung in Dreadlock Holiday 10CC.

BTW... I have had to step away from Carrara and the computer in general. I hav been diagnosed with dry macular degeneration. I am trying the treatment with light as there have been some promising results, but it is still being tested.  If interested google photobiomodulation for AMD.   

I wonder if Misty also had this in connection with her detached retina. Either way, serious eye conditions not only steal your artistic dreams, they steal your day to day life.  Still, I hope for the best and that I won't lose my central vision too fast and that it will take 5-10 years. My dad got it at 81 and it took 10 years till he was legally blind. Mine had come at 73.  Fingers crossed.  

I still enjoying reading the forum and seeing the art!  heart Silene

SileneUK said:

Cricket. A game with a ball and a stick... just like baseball but with more complicated scoring!

One other difference is the length a batter (OK, batsman) spends at bat - minutes for baseball, hours sometimes for cricket.  I searched for the record:  Hanif Mohammad (Pakistan, 1958) – 970 Minutes (337 Runs)  Someone said its moe like Home Run Derby in baseball.

But I do like the cricket culture in the UK. The fans bring elaborate picnics for when the players 'break for lunch' and later 'break for tea'. Can't see that with baseball. 

We do have the 7th inning stretch, but yes, not really the same.  And beer rather than tea.

Anyways,  I do like cricket, and no, I don't love it as sung in Dreadlock Holiday 10CC.

I'm a 10CC fan but I had to look that one up.  Good reggae beat yes

BTW... I have had to step away from Carrara and the computer in general. I hav been diagnosed with dry macular degeneration. I am trying the treatment with light as there have been some promising results, but it is still being tested.  If interested google photobiomodulation for AMD.   

I wonder if Misty also had this in connection with her detached retina. Either way, serious eye conditions not only steal your artistic dreams, they steal your day to day life.  Still, I hope for the best and that I won't lose my central vision too fast and that it will take 5-10 years. My dad got it at 81 and it took 10 years till he was legally blind. Mine had come at 73.  Fingers crossed.  

Sorry to hear that.  Sounds like you'r doing what you can. Fingers crossed indeed.  

Sending you hugs, @SileneUK.  And positive vibes.  Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.  heart

edited July 2023

SileneUK said:

I hav been diagnosed with dry macular degeneration. I am trying the treatment with light as there have been some promising results, but it is still being tested.  If interested google photobiomodulation for AMD.   

good luck... my Dad had MD in his 70's and was legally blind but still carried on with his wood turning till he was 91 

I hope the treatment goes well for you.

and a good test match coming up tonight from Old Trafford, I have the members tie for Old Trafford passed onto me from my uncle who was a member there many many years ago. My cousin was Eddie Paynter ( cricket followers will know ) yes

Ashes.png
    800 x 603 - 634K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,957

SileneUK said:

BTW... I have had to step away from Carrara and the computer in general. I hav been diagnosed with dry macular degeneration. I am trying the treatment with light as there have been some promising results, but it is still being tested.  

Either way, serious eye conditions not only steal your artistic dreams, they steal your day to day life.  Still, I hope for the best and that I won't lose my central vision too fast and that it will take 5-10 years. My dad got it at 81 and it took 10 years till he was legally blind. Mine had come at 73.  Fingers crossed.  

Hello Silene - Sorry to hear of your eye condition. Hope the treatment works and you get many more miles use out of those peepers ! heart

edited July 2023

some entertainment 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

some entertainment 

I needed a laugh.  Thanks.  laugh

WendyLuvsCatz said:

some entertainment 

Very good.  Reminds me of an old Dick Van Dyke show episode with Dick complaining about his shoes sticking to the floor of the movie theater.. "What does it do to thier stomachs?!"

BTW I noticied a faded 1959 copyright at the bottom at ~2:35, looks like "His Nut And Potato Chip Co."  A quick search found "Guy's Nut and Potato Chip co," looks like it goes back to the 1950's.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Well done. But now you've got my cat singing that.  wink

nothing works right this new Windows 10 install

Nvidia Shadowplay Screencapture won't work (ingame works but it's very fussy about what it will capture)

so no tutorials from me anytime soon (As If cheeky)

all my basic programs like Audacity, VLC etc giving me no end of grief

I am so grumpy

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Nvidia Shadowplay Screencapture won't work (ingame works but it's very fussy about what it will capture)

I am so grumpy

Argh.  angry

Hope your computer woes get sorted out quickly. 

We wish for whimsical Wendy.  

Diomede said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I am so grumpy

Argh.  angry

Hope your computer woes get sorted out quickly. 

We wish for whimsical Wendy.  

same for you heart 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I am so grumpy

Long ago I was a member of a PC Users Group (remember those?)  They had office space, conference rooms, etc.  Sometimes the tech support  room had a sign saying "Gone To Roof To Drop Computers"  I don't recommend you try that, but sometimes ... worth a try.

we had a PC Users club, cost $5 month to talk nerdy and get scones and coffee at the end... laugh

and then came the monthly PC fairs where it cost $2 to get in and you could buy all sorts of stuff from vendors cheap.. all sorts of stuff! surprise

cliche

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,957

Hope the computer woes sort out - touch wood that my system does not get the wobbles !!!

a lot of it going around 

they fortunately saved my data on the old C drive though it shows up in tests as defective (the drive)

you would think everything would work the same in new program installs

WendyLuvsCatz said:

a lot of it going around 

they fortunately saved my data on the old C drive though it shows up in tests as defective (the drive)

you would think everything would work the same in new program installs

Glad they were able to save your old data!

just happens the wife has gone through our bedroom wardrobe and dragged out two computers and said they gotta go.....

guess what I'm doing today lol laugh

yep.. putting Windows XI on non compliant computers cool

edited July 2023

bought a bunch of A3 stuff in that CHRISTMAS-COMEBACK sale with the new Roman Forum to reduce it

I can use it all with Melody and the CDI furry addons too

oh and a Hiro 3 outfit for Micah

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

A3 was cool!

Saw this and had a good chuckle.  Sharing it in hopes other Carrarians get a chuckle.

edited July 2023

Diomede said:

Saw this and had a good chuckle.  Sharing it in hopes other Carrarians get a chuckle.

yes  Kind of an Edward Gorey vibe.  Between this and your new avatar, I may want some consultation if I draw "Horror" on the next 48 Hour contest.  wink

Post edited by Steve K on
    edited July 2023

angel

hearts.png
    800 x 600 - 719K
    Post edited by Stezza on