Indenting a character into a mattress

Okay, this is a thing I know I have done before.  In fact, I have the scene loaded that I did this thing in, and I am looking right at the example of having done the thing.

An example of what I'm wanting to do is:  Place a posed character on top of a mattress, then make the mattress take on indentations shaped like where the character is sitting on the matrress.  I know it was some offshoot of clothing-smoothing effects, or whatever, and that it was just a couple mouse-clicks to accomplish it, basically select the Daz character, pick an option in a dropdown menu or something, and tell it "Make this object a collission-object with that object," where I select the other object from a list it presents to me of things in the scene, and bingo-bongo, you've got indentations in the mattress, formed around where the character's feet, legs, and torso meet the mattress.

I was about to do an expirement where I press a Daz character up against a prim, to see how dramatic I could make the indentations... then realized I couldn't locate the function in Daz.  Like, at all, and its driving me crazy, because I know I've used it before.  And no end of web-searches are pulling up anything useful either, so I must not be plugging the correct technical term for it in.

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,906
    edited September 2021

Edit -> Object/Figure -> Geometry -> Apply Smoothing Modifier

Apply to mattress, not to the character. Select character as your collision item in Parameters while having the mattress selected.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Do you mean from the Edit drop-down-menu at the top of the main Daz window?   I ask because I don't see a Geometry option under Figure or under Object.

image_2021-09-11_041027.png
    1928 x 1058 - 176K
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,906

Huh... mine looks different indecision

Untitled-1.jpg
    753 x 1080 - 311K
  • I wonder if something got borked in my settup.  I had to reinstall Daz Studio a few months back, after something forced me into doing a factory-reset of my Windoze (which essentially junked all the non-Microsoft-included programs), and it took me a bit to get certain things back in place wrt Daz, such as some of my pluggins.  (My actual Daz content was safely parked away on another drive, so none of THAT went byebye,,,)

• Try running Window > Workspace > Update and Merge Menus... (assuming you have that in your menu)

• Yes, that seems to have sorted it.

Daz Studio Edit menu restored 512x768 -- 20210911.png
    512 x 768 - 47K