Teeth disotrtion with Lanuola character

Hello,

I have noticed that when I apply the Lanuola character to Genesis 8F the upper and lower jaws become distorted and the teeth are mishapen. Is there some way to fix this or prevent the teeth from getting moprhed when I apply the character? If I remove Lanuola the distortion is gone even if I apply Kayo at 100%.

This is something that I have encountered with several different characters and it would be great to know how to fix this or prevent it from happening.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

nabob21

Lanuola teeth.JPG
980 x 645 - 51K
Kayo teeth.JPG
829 x 524 - 37K

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,254
    edited September 2021

There are a few tutorials on YouTube illustrating how to remove part of a morph from the full morph.

Only apply the ONE morph then put it into your Favourites. Select the unwanted vertices and remove them from your favourites. And save the 'new' morph to the same folder from which it came. {BACKUP the original morphs first}.

And file a ticket with CS to let them know so they can contact the artist so the artist can fix this and update their product ;-)  Posts below indicate that the problem is not with the character morph.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 957

Thanks Catherine3678ab.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

I think some other morphs are interfering. If I load a Genesis 8 Female and apply the Lanuola character, or load a Lanuola character directly, I do not get any of the distortion you see. With the character selected (no expressions or other poses applied), select the Currently Used heading in the Parameters tab. There should only be Lanuola and Kayo head and body dials active. Look for any unexplained parameter settings. There will be a few other rather (supposedly) inconsequential parameters set, like several for Eyelashes, Eye Rim Refine HD, Eyes Cornea Bulge, Mouth Realism HD (doesn't seem to affect the gums or teeth).

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

NorthOf45 said:

I think some other morphs are interfering. If I load a Genesis 8 Female and apply the Lanuola character, or load a Lanuola character directly, I do not get any of the distortion you see. With the character selected (no expressions or other poses applied), select the Currently Used heading in the Parameters tab. There should only be Lanuola and Kayo head and body dials active. Look for any unexplained parameter settings. There will be a few other rather (supposedly) inconsequential parameters set, like several for Eyelashes, Eye Rim Refine HD, Eyes Cornea Bulge, Mouth Realism HD (doesn't seem to affect the gums or teeth).

It may also come from a hidden morph. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,905

I can confirm that Lanuola´s teeth don´t look like that, so something else´s going on here.

• If you're not thinking any other morphs are involved, try downloading/installing the product again. The files may have become corrupted and this would then fix it.

edited September 2021

Thanks for all of the replies. I have looked under Currently used morphs and have not found any unexpected morphs but what I have found is that if I turn mouth realism down to zero then the distortions go away. If there are other morhs that are causing the mouth realism morph to behave in this way, I don't know how to find them. I have also noticed that this teeth and gum distortion is also happening on other characters as well (the characters from ISource seem to have this distortion) , including some of the official Daz characters.

Post edited by nabob21 on
  • It is important when making morphs, to have "reverse deformations" selected. Mouth realism is one of the morphs that loads with the figure dialed in. When people forget to check that option it gets doubled.

Thanks for the information Catherine3678ab. Perhaps that is the issue.

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 440

Catherine3678ab said:

It is important when making morphs, to have "reverse deformations" selected. Mouth realism is one of the morphs that loads with the figure dialed in. When people forget to check that option it gets doubled.

Glad I found this thread. Winding down Mouth Realism seems to have fixed the problems I was having with Dharma's teeth