Wrist Watch for Genesis 2 Female

radiuozradiuoz Posts: 14
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Any chance of having a Casual and Office watch for Genesis 2 Female. I searched the entire Daz store but there was no luck.

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I tend to use either the watch from the MBS Expansion 2 Suit Props, Casual 1950 for Genesis Female, Day by Day for Genesis 2 Male(s) or the one from the FW Dan Megapack, depending on what style (casual or more military/chunky) I am after. Which does, of course, suggest the need for a couple of nicely styled feminine, modern, watches :)

• radiuozradiuoz Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes it would help a lot having some more everyday items/wearables for Gen2 Female.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Not just for Gen2Female. There should be more Accessories for all characters.

• EmilyPaigeEmilyPaige Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Would you like to see bundles of accessories then? perhaps everyday/casual, formal, and maybe fantasy?

Do you think there is a lack of jewelry? (excluding watches for now)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

There's a fair amount of jewelry 'out there', but not that many watches - be nice to see a range, from plain to fancy, analogue and digital.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

Apologies if this is hijacking a thread but my question relates directly to watches. How do I fit them to the right hand of Gen/Gen2? All the watches mentioned here automatically fit the left hand. I've tried to parent the watch to the right hand or forearm with little success. Especially when trying to animate a figure. Even when I parent the watch to a right hand and manually adjust the fit this doesn't always follow the moving figure correctly as it would when fitted automatically to the left hand. I appreciate any help.

P.S. I also wish there were more personal accessories such as watches available in the shop.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909
    edited December 1969

When you parent it, is it also still fitted to the base figure?

edited December 1969

When you parent it, is it also still fitted to the base figure?

I'm not sure? Do you mean I need to fit it to the base figure and then change the parent to the other hand? I eventually managed to get it to work somehow but it would be good to know the right protocol for refitting props such as watches, bracelets etc.

edited December 1969

No, I meant the opposite -you don't want it fitted.

edited December 1969

Ok, thanks! I'll experiment with this a bit. So far in this project I've managed to get it to work by carefully fitting the watch to the other arm. I think the mistake I made was either still having the watch fitted to Gen2 or I didn't adjust the watch on the wrist properly. It would be great if vendors included fits for both sides or someone developed a script for fitting accessories to both sides.

edited December 1969

In some ways it may be simplest to load just the watch, export as OBJ using the DAZ Studio preset, import the OBJ using the DAZ Studio preset, reapply the materials, and position and parent that. Save as a prop asset (File>Save as>Support Assets>Figure prop asset; the product and author names determine the folders used for thje asset in the Data folder) then save a wearables preset to reload the watch.