Migrating content library back to Mac OS from Bootcamp

crashworshipcrashworship Posts: 216

I began using using an external SSD for my Daz content library shortly before Studio became incompatible with Big Sur. This library nearly fills up an entire one TB drive and since my iMac has only a 2 TB drive on it, I really need to keep my Daz library from taking up all of my disk space. When I migrated that external library to my bootcamp setup, it wanted to re-download and re-install everything. This took several days, blew past my monthly internet data allowance and created a huge mess with multiple library paths. I've never been able to completely clean it up. All I want to do is re-import the metadata back to my Mac Studio set up but Studio wants to re-download and re-install everything, over 2,000 of them. There's got to be a way for me to just point studio at this already installed content without having to re-download and re-intall everything.

I know someone's going to tell me that I just need to point to that library in my content preferences pane and I've tried repeatedly to do that, without success. It sees the library. It sees the content. The items show up in my library pane but those items remain greyed-out and unavailable until I re-install them. If it do that, I'll have duplicate libraries and another huge library mess. That content is there. It's installed. I just need to get Studio to recognized that it's installed so I can access it.

Ideas...?

Post edited by crashworship on

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Close the Smart Content pane and use only the Content Library pane and only the DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats of the pane to troubleshoot the problem.  In the Content Directory Manager check where your Connect library folder is then delete it and reset the database.

• It might help to post screenshotsa of the content directory set up.