V2/M2 mesh breaking on joint bends

Hi everyone!

Just a quick (and quite noobish) question. I recently loaded up V1/V2 and noticed that the mesh breaks when I bend arms (I know they are very old and low poly).....I wasn't around when she first came on the scene, what would be the best way to deal with it ....weight mapping?...smoothing?....tbh, I don't mind just using her like everyone else did in those days...was it just something people accepted like when we would think video games a couple decades ago were amazing graphics lol?

Thank you in advance, and enjoy your day :) 

Comments

• probably not much you could do except postwork or don't do extreme poses, as you pointed out, they are very old, I only use them dressed as background fillers.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

It's very possible it's due to changes in Daz Studio over the years. Rigging has changed, properties have changed, lots of older products have issues or don't work at all in newer versions of DS. Any particular reason you can't use a newer figure?

• FSMCDesigns said:

It's very possible it's due to changes in Daz Studio over the years. Rigging has changed, properties have changed, lots of older products have issues or don't work at all in newer versions of DS. Any particular reason you can't use a newer figure?

Honestly Im just interested in the history of Daz and their products. Thanks to a friend of mine who had V1/V2 on an old machine and shared them with me, I now have every version of Victoria 1 through 8 and its been fun to load each one in and see the progress that has been made with each version. In all fairness its kind of hard to even find much information on the older models, probably due to the internet being in its early years and that it was just a long time ago. I have so many questions........Questions like who actually modeled the first victoria? was it one person or a group effort.....who makes any of the victoria models? I know its 'Daz Originals' but I often wonder who the actual Genius is? .

I realise I may not ever get the answers to some of these crazy questions, and im ok with it, its just been fun searching and exploring the world of Daz (and Poser)! :)

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

probably not much you could do except postwork or don't do extreme poses, as you pointed out, they are very old, I only use them dressed as background fillers.

The cat in your avatar looks just like mine lol such a cute little face

• believeinhumans said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

probably not much you could do except postwork or don't do extreme poses, as you pointed out, they are very old, I only use them dressed as background fillers.

The cat in your avatar looks just like mine lol such a cute little face

he is pretty chonky heart his name is Lynx 

D79B2672-E4ED-4210-994D-EF7CB574F93C.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

believeinhumans said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Honestly Im just interested in the history of Daz and their products. Thanks to a friend of mine who had V1/V2 on an old machine and shared them with me, I now have every version of Victoria 1 through 8 and its been fun to load each one in and see the progress that has been made with each version. In all fairness its kind of hard to even find much information on the older models, probably due to the internet being in its early years and that it was just a long time ago. I have so many questions........Questions like who actually modeled the first victoria? was it one person or a group effort.....who makes any of the victoria models? I know its 'Daz Originals' but I often wonder who the actual Genius is? .

I realise I may not ever get the answers to some of these crazy questions, and im ok with it, its just been fun searching and exploring the world of Daz (and Poser)! :)

fair enough. Enjoy the journey

Make sure your friend knows they can't share any DAZ assets, it's against the EULA (illegal)

• FSMCDesigns said:

fair enough. Enjoy the journey

Make sure your friend knows they can't share any DAZ assets, it's against the EULA (illegal)

Damn that really wasnt our intention. Perhaps ill remove them, I wish though there was a way to purchase the models, no matter how old they are. Shame.

• V1 is in the mimic lite bundle with some toon critters but sadly I see that's been pulled too

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

V1 is in the mimic lite bundle with some toon critters but sadly I see that's been pulled too

Its all cool I always got my V3 to V2, that comes with V3 base. :) Im greatful for that!