Morphs on all of my Content Library things are missings, but not for Smart Content

Hello everyone!

I have a bug to report and am confused as to what could be causing this issue. I have a product known as a dForce Hooded Cloak. At one point it had all of its morphs, but during one day I had to re-organize my Daz3D files as the space on my PC was beginning to run out. I reorganized everything as well as my Content Library and ended up discovering after getting what feels everything all organized. All my object morphs vanished as well as anything that had to be downloaded into the content library. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Daz3D, but to no luck avail. I tried re-downloading them and nothing came back up for the morphs so I know something must be out of wack somewhere in Daz3D morph stuff. I tried finding any discussions that talked about this bug and couldn't find anything that remotely made any sense of my issue. 

I don't really wanna go through this trouble, but I am a bit new around. I'm a digital artist who's been using Daz3D to help in most of my content and getting these morphs back into the object is incredibly important. So a bit of help would be nice as a little understanding of where the morphs would be located and how to place them back and sorts.

Thank you! smiley

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

No bug, you have just made a mistake when reorganizing your content. Reinstalling DS does not fix content related issues.

Without you giving more information on how your content is/was organized, it is difficult to give advice on how to fix it.

What do you have specified as Content Sets in Content Directory Manager?

ContentDirMan.JPG
    384 x 240 - 19K
  • I know it does have to do with the Content Director Manager, PerttiA. Although do you know why that happens? I did get it fixed by putting the stuff back and sorts but am still puzzled about what could cause that bug just in case others might have the same stuff happening if they want to redirect everything to a different location while connecting the content files. Does it have to do with the data files being directed to the original folder or something in that line?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Without knowing what you moved, it is difficult to tell, what it was that was wrong.

In general, all the files belonging to a product has to be saved within one and the same Content Directory, and files that are saved in ...\Data\, ...\Runtime\Textures\ and ...\Runtime\Support\ must stay as they are.

One can always create additional Content Directories on other drives if running out of space, or there are other ways to increase the space available to the content library, but creating additional Content Directories is the easiest one.

• This definitely doesn't sound like a bug at all. Daz Studio is actually quite mild when it comes to re-organizing contents. I recently moved a lot of 3rd party stuff out of my main Daz library and into a manually added library ("dedicated folder") for 3rd party stuff and well... I didn't even have to edit any of my old saves: it picked up the new location of the material "just like that" (I had manually added most of the stuff to my smart contents pane).

• KurtKoopaKurtKoopa Posts: 3
    edited September 2021

You know I should have had that mindset 17 hours ago, but don't worry too much. I got my stuff all fixed up with that idea a long time ago. After all the file I have all my manual installs is only just 10 GBs. I mostly was just curious what could have caused that problem to occur.

Post edited by KurtKoopa on