Riversoft Art - character convert GF2 to GF8

Can't run the script. DAZ Version 4.15.0.30 Pro Edition 64-Bit

Error log information:

2021-09-05 18:10:45.790 Loading script: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/convert custom character g2f to g8f.dse
2021-09-05 18:10:45.801 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_44507/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa
2021-09-05 18:10:45.806 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_62491/data/riversoft art/common/rscharacterconversionconstants.dsa
2021-09-05 18:10:45.813 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_62491/data/riversoft art/common/rsadvcharacterconversionconstants.dsa
2021-09-05 18:10:45.821 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_44507/data/riversoft art/common/rsbuildpanels.dsa
2021-09-05 18:10:45.852 WARNING: Script Error: Line 133
2021-09-05 18:10:45.852 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: DoCharacterDialog
2021-09-05 18:10:45.852 WARNING: Stack Trace:
    <anonymous>()@C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/convert custom character g2f to g8f.dse:133
2021-09-05 18:10:45.854 Error in script execution: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/character converter/convert custom character g2f to g8f.dse

What do I need to do?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Don't install it with Connect, that can cause problems

• leo04leo04 Posts: 325
    edited September 2021

I installed with Daz Install Manager, are you saying it was also installed with Connect?  If it was how would I remove it?  If I remove it can I just reinstall it using the Daz Install Manager?

Thanks.

Post edited by leo04 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

leo04 said:

I installed with Daz Install Manager, are you saying it was also installed with Connect?

No, your log is saying that; "/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/"

• PerttiA said:

leo04 said:

I installed with Daz Install Manager, are you saying it was also installed with Connect?

Find the product's container (the folder in the Products list in the Content Library pane or the entry in the products tab of Smart Content), right-click, and select Uninstall. If the Install manager and Daz Studio content directories match that should get the Connect install out of the way and let the system use the DIM installation; if the product then shows as not installed at all (grey thumbnail) then there is a mismatch in the content directory settings or a communication issue with the database.

edited September 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

leo04 said:

Find the product's container (the folder in the Products list in the Content Library pane or the entry in the products tab of Smart Content), right-click, and select Uninstall. If the Install manager and Daz Studio content directories match that should get the Connect install out of the way and let the system use the DIM installation; if the product then shows as not installed at all (grey thumbnail) then there is a mismatch in the content directory settings or a communication issue with the database.

Uninstall as you indicate is not an option that is available or listed.  Could I just delete the folder?

2021-09-06_102448.png
    250 x 461 - 43K
    Post edited by leo04 on
    edited September 2021

Success.  I found the folder where the connect cloud files were and just renamed it so DAZ could not find it.  Although that didn't really fix the issue I then unloaded via DIM all my DAZ items then reloaded them.

This appears to have resolved the issue. No more Connect installs for me!

Thanks to all of you for your help and insight. I might not have found this resolution without your help.

Post edited by leo04 on

However, now I am seeing items in the Products list that are not installed or appear not to be. See attached.

When I open and look in DIM the second image shows what is installed. 

Can anyone tell me what I need to do now?

Thanks.

2021-09-06_142516.png
    560 x 765 - 64K
    2021-09-06_142621.png
    1145 x 638 - 48K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Products and Categories use the database so you will need to reset the database then re-import the meta data.

• leo04 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

leo04 said:

Uninstall as you indicate is not an option that is available or listed.  Could I just delete the folder?

You are looking at the files inside the product - you need the product itself (in Smart Content) or the "folder" in the list under products (in the content Library). Deleting the Connect files won't help, DS will still try to load them as long as the database says they are there.

Thanks everyone I was able to get my GF2 into GF8.  Your advice was useful in getting it done.