NVLink doesn't work anymore? (4.15.0.30 Beta)

Rafa20Rafa20 Posts: 92

I got two 3090's and want to render a scene larger than 24 GB (around 25 GB). So, I connected my nvlink bridge and activated it in the Nvidia Control Panel, so that it's on SLI mode now. But Daz Studio still shows me 2 separate GPU's. I tried it with "NVLink Peer Group Size" at the render settings by raising it on 2. But it still always falls back on CPU. I'm pretty sure when I tested it with an older version of DS 4.15, it showed just one GPU at the SLI mode.

So, what can I do that DS uses my two GPU's as a single one with 48 GB of RAM?

Post edited by Rafa20 on

Comments

• Did youi try restarting DS?

• Rafa20Rafa20 Posts: 92
    edited September 2021

Of course. I also installed the latest nvidia driver and restarted the PC a couple of times.

I don't get it. It's strange because SLI mode is activated:

Post edited by Rafa20 on
  • JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited September 2021

I vaguely remember that you have to disable SLi mode for NVLink to work.  I used to have two RTX2080Ti NVLinked. Somehow SLi enabled prevent NVLink to pooll the VRAM.

You also have to reboot the the computer after the installation

Post edited by JVRenderer on
  • I'll try it but I don't think it'll work.

• Rafa20Rafa20 Posts: 92
    edited September 2021

OK, this didn't work either. It's strange because there is a difference at the render setting.

If SLI's enabled it shows one RTX as "WDDM Display" and the other one just as "WDDM": 

It SLI's enabled it show's both cards as "WDDM Display".

No matter in which way, DS just doesn't want to use the NVLink bridge.

Post edited by Rafa20 on
  • Did you ever figure this out?  I am debating getting a second 3090 and while so far my scenes haven't topped the 24gb a few have gotten way up there.  Honestly I bought the 3090 because some scenes were getting too close for my 1080s so I did the 3090 in hopes of doing just this.