Trying to Load Assets and Getting "File Does Not Exist" Message

Is anyone geting a "file does not exist message" while trying to load your assets.  All of my stuff that's more than a couple of months old will not load.  They all show up in the 'Smart Content' tab but woun't come in.  This includes figures, props, wardrobes, enviroments....everything.  Even the "starter essentials".  I have tried unistalling and reinstalling to no avail.  Plus the duf files do show up in MS exploerer but when I click on them I get an error message.   Very frustrating and respresents a lot of money spent.  Any help would ge greatly appreciated!

dazerrormessage2.JPG
953 x 519 - 35K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

What does your log say?

Help > Troubleshooting > Log

• BHawkBHawk Posts: 61

I'm having the same problem.  I recently started to use an external drive.  So I thought that was the issue.  But after uninstalling a product and reinstalling it, I am getting the same error message. 

Log shows-

2021-09-04 12:14:00.969 Could not open file

file does not exist

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

And where is it looking for the file?

• If you right-click on the product container does the menu have Install or Uninstall?

• BHawkBHawk Posts: 61

Hmm interesting because I did uninstall and instal using the DIM.  But a right click had install.  So I did and that product is now useable. 

Thank you! 

• The function in DS relates to Connect, the installation routine within Daz Studio, and is unrelated to DIM/Daz Central. I was expecting it to be Uninstall, indicating that the product was showing as installed through DS - if it were, and if the files could not be found, then you would get the complaint about their not existing even when attempting to load the DIM/Central install. That doesn't, however, appear to have been your issue.

If you are happy with the Connect install then you could uninstall the product from Install manager/Daz Central, the files will nnot be used in any event so theya re just wasting space.