HD Figure Permenantly Warped after Mesh Grabber used- unistall/reinstall did not fix

I was adding Anemone's crest to Cthuloid's head, but it didn't attach cleanly. I selected Anemone's Crest in scene navigator, selected Mesh Grabber Tool, and selected a bit of surface on the forehead region of the Crest. The face went wonky, even though it was not selected. Undo did not work. I closed the file without saving... but it loads with the disfigurement. I figured I'd have to start from the beginning, but loading Cthuloid into a new scene, even after a restart, results in a disfigured figure loading. I never saved any morph or even the scene. I had immediately tried undo and to dump the scene at shut-down, so I don't see how this happened.

Things I have tried:

1. Restart Machine- figure still disfigured after fresh load (both previous file and a fresh load of Cthuloid)
2. Used Daz Install Manager to Uninstall and Reinstall- still disfigured (fresh load- I did not open old file again)
3. Tried to load base G8M and add Cthuloid featured one-by-one. As soon as I manually apply the morph, the face explodes.

Please send help... and wine...

I have a pic of the file that I rendered a few minutes before activating the Mesh Grabber tool, and one of the face explosion. RIP my darling Baby Kraken. LOL.

Baby Kraken WIP.png
1860 x 922 - 1M
Cthuloid Broken.jpg
518 x 332 - 36K

Comments

• Did you try uninstalling Mesh Grabber but not reinstalling it? Then opening daz to see if the problem persist?

• Chibimonchichi said:

Did you try uninstalling Mesh Grabber but not reinstalling it? Then opening daz to see if the problem persist?

I haven't yet, but I will try later. The distortion goes away if I change tools, but as soon as I try to use Mesh Grabber again, there it is.

• That sounds like there is a setting {or memory} in Mesh Grabber that needs to be reset {or cleared}.

• Catherine3678ab said:

That sounds like there is a setting {or memory} in Mesh Grabber that needs to be reset {or cleared}.

That must be true. I uninstalled Mesh Grabber and Cthuloid is fine in Daz. Reinstalled, and the distortions pop up the moment I activate the Mesh Grabber Tool. I skimmed over the PDF, but didn't find a quick solution. I'll have to take some time to read through it this weekend. 

I dumped the Cache in Preferences in Daz, and cleared the Temp file in Windows. I am at the end of my knowledge of tech support.

I might have to put it a ticket if there isn't something in the docs. I am hesitant to use Mesh Grabber on any other figure/item until I know how to fix this.

• Select your object in the scene. Choose the Mesh Grabber tool. Right Click the object > Reset Mesh Grabber (clear all data) > Yes, Reset all!.

Done.

• hansolocambo said:

Select your object in the scene. Choose the Mesh Grabber tool. Right Click the object > Reset Mesh Grabber (clear all data) > Yes, Reset all!.

Done.

Hmm. I tried that, but it says there is no data to clear. I might need to track down their tech support and put in a ticket...

Clear Object Error.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 286K