Simulation Problems -- RESOLVED

melaniemelanie Posts: 779

I've searached the forum and can't find anything about this, so I want to know if anyone has been having problems with simulating dForce. It starts to simulate, but after one second, it freezes and doesn't simulate. I've had this problem for a little while now and I wonder if it's somelthing that's happening after updating to DS 4.15. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL every time to clear it, which shuts off DS. I wonder if anyone else is having problems with simulation? My sister is having the same problem with hers. I never had a problem with it before. Things simulated all right.in the past. Is this a known problem with DS 4.15?

Post edited by melanie on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189
    edited August 2021

I haven't seen any problems with simulation in 4.15.

Is it anything you're trying to simulate that fails?

Post edited by felis on
  • melaniemelanie Posts: 779

felis said:

I haven't seen any problems with simulation in 4.15.

Is it anything you're trying to simulate that fails?

Everything I try to simulate fails. It just won't work on anything. It worked a while back just fine, but it won't do anything now. It just freezes after one second and then it says "DAZ Studio not responding." It doesn't matter what I'm trying to render. It does it on everything. My sister said hers is doing the same thing and we're on separate computers. 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

If you go to simulation settings > advanced, is your device then listed there?

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

Also is there anything being reported in the Log file?

I figured it out! I was poking around in Simulaltion and clicked on the Advanced tab  I looked in the drop-down and saw that I had different choices there. I clicked on NVIDIA and that did it. I never thought of cecking there. So, I now can simulate my dForce things.

felis said:

If you go to simulation settings > advanced, is your device then listed there?

Oops! I didn't see your post here. Sorry. I found it accidentally when I was poking around in the settings. 

• revolloerevolloe Posts: 13
    edited April 2023

My graphic card is AMD Radeon RX 6600 and is listed in Simulate settings as "gfx 1032". Every time I try to run the simulation I get a message that says kernels for my gfx 1032 haven't been compiled, and it gives me the "Yes and No" options, I pressed "Yes", and it looks like is doing something, and then an error message appears that says Error opening CL kernels and the simulation stops. What it can be done? Any ideas?

Post edited by revolloe on
  • rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited April 2023

You probably have both graphic cards, try to select the RX 6600 instead of the gfx 1032.

Edit: Sorry, gfx 1032 refers to the graphics architecture of the RX 6600.

Gpu choice1.png
    414 x 573 - 23K
    gpu choice2.png
    418 x 567 - 21K
    Post edited by rosseliani on