Another: Disable Autofit ?

So I have been googling for a bit on how to stop Auto-fit from trying to modify my prop.

When I merge it into scene I can CLEARLY see the prop fit G8F perfectly fine, yet Auto-fit prompt comes up -- I read that clicking "Cancel" prevents any autofit, it does, but it also deletes the prop ... why!!

I would deselect and spawn the prop but G8F is in an "extereme" pose from what I understand so translating and rotating the prop to the right place is tedious if I am rendering multiple poses.

My main gripe is that when the prop is added to the scene it fits fine, perfectly where it's SUPPOSED to go, yet autofit butts in like that annoying person at work that assumes they belong in every converstation so they chime in every time I try to start a converstaion. Is there a way to cancel out of Auto-fit without it deleting the prop? or disable it in general, like a "do not ask again" checkbox.

Paused here to do more researching before posting, found extra information; the prop was upgraded to 8.1, I checked using prop on G8.1 and the prop fits fine, no Auto-fit dialog butts in. So now Why does the 8.1 prop throw up the Auto-fit prompt when applying to G8. Cannot select G8 in the Auto-fit prompt.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

Yeah - the joy with G8.1 items on G8.

You can load the item without having the character selected. Then in the scene tab upper left click the "burger menu" Edit > Scene Identification and change it to G8.

Then you can fit it to the character.