Dividing a polygon in several smaller polygons

I am using a road toolkit to create roads on a slightly irregular ground. The problem is that the road is too wide (it goes beyond the sidewalk and is supposed to be hidden below grass planes that I removed) and there are poke though either in the road and beyond the pavement. To fix the road pokes, I can translate y+ to hide the ground, but to fix the beyond pavement pokes, I should tranlate y- to hide the road. And the road is just a single square polygon. More the road and pavement belong to same object and it is impossible to scale one without scaling the other.

So I would like to divide the road plane in several polygons to hide (or remove) the useless ones beyond the sidewalk. How can I do that? Do I need to use blender or hexagon or can it be done directly in DS (which I would largely prefer)?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

To replace the road so you can edit it, just create a new primative plane and give it lots of polygons and you will be able to edit that to your hears content.

In the surface tab, you can right click on the surface for the road and choose copy, then go to the surface for the primative plane and choose paste and it will copy it over for you.

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

This is a solution I had considered, but I like to experiment with techniques that I do not know. And I also preferred to keep the object monolithic. I finally discovered how to reshape a polygon with  mesh grabber and instead of dividing it, I just resized the road.

Many thanks for your answer