Texture Shaded view and Filament view with "Land of Halloween" Scene

I recently picked up the "Land of Halloween" (Loh) asset this week. It's a nice night scene and looks great on Iray. 

LOH - https://www.daz3d.com/land-of-halloween

Usually, when I am placing and posing things, I stay in the Texture Shaded mode. I put a distant light or turn on camera headlamp to see things when I am working with no light/dark scenes. Then, I turn them off before I see the IRay preview. This way of doing things works for me. However, in the case of LOH, neither the point light nor the distant light seem to shed any light anywhere in Texture Shaded view.

[Note : Before I never actually used the Filament PBR preview. I never used it my other scenes because Filament does not appear to show anything]

Then, on a whim (as it happens when you are experimenting), I turned on Filment mode, and suddenly, I can see everything, allowing me to do what I would normally do in Texture Shaded Mode. So, i am just curious. Why is Filament view suddenly working in this LOH scene, showing me stuff, whilst the usually reliable Texture Shaded is not helping me?

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Ctrl-L to turn on preview lights when working.

• jestmart said:

Preview lights 9that is, try to match the lighting) is on by default. The first press of the short cut (or click on the emnu command) turns the previewing off, using a pseudo headlamp (that will not render) instead. 

• jestmart said:

Awesome. This worked for me. Excellent. As a bonus it appears to work with other view types as well. Very cool. Thank you.