Lots of Missing Files and Content

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I have lots of prodcuts that are missing or not installed correctedly? Thanks

Screenshot 2021-08-23 225207.png
458 x 788 - 219K

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

They are installed correctly, they just have no metadata and no thumbnail files. Did you try them?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Have you looked under "Poser Formats" in your Content Library?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/5980/start

Aiko 4 Base (Core)

• You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser Libraries:

• Figures: “DAZ People”

• Pose: “DAZ's Victoria 4:Morph Injections”

• Pose: “DAZ's Victoria 4:Morph Injections:Aiko 4”

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Ok. So should I be installing Poser files as well in my DIM?  I'm not using Daz Connect right now. I think it was because it defaults to installing on my C drive or something.

Screenshot 2021-08-24 001924.png
    597 x 1109 - 52K
  • ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

Geminii23 said:

Ok. So should I be installing Poser files as well in my DIM?  I'm not using Daz Connect right now. I think it was because it defaults to installing on my C drive or something.

No...  if you have 2 versions of a product (both DS and PS for example) then you only need the DS version because you're using Daz Studio after all. Otherwise you're just wasting disk space by installing contents twice.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

But Aiko 4 is a Poser product.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,314
    edited August 2021

Aiko 4 Base comes as 3 installers you need, the Aiko 4 Base, the StudioCF and the Power Loader - looks like you have them all installed.

That icon with the "!" symbol looks like the one I get when there's no thumbnail for the product, but it should still be usable. What happens if you double-click on the "Aiko 4 Base" one in your Smart Content tab - I would expect you would see an "Aiko 4.cr2" entry that you can load?

ETA: Personally, I don't like seeing all those "!" icons, so I generally copy the thumbnail downloaded through DIM into my "/Runtime/Support" library and rename it to exacty match the name of the .dsx file in /Runtime/Support/, then do a refresh of the Smart Content panel to see actual useful images. (This of course only works if you use DIM rather than the other install methods)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,363
    edited August 2021

NorthOf45 said:

They are installed correctly, they just have no metadata and no thumbnail files. Did you try them?

All that's obviously missing is the product thumbnail - they must have at least basic metadata or they wouldn't show as products in the first place. However, if they are Connect installs it could be that the fiels failed to decypt, which would break everything.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

No when I doubleclick there is nothing in there.  I see a few items that are just missing the thumbnail, but with Aiko there are no files at all.

So here's a couple more examples.  I tried to uninstall both of these items through DIM and reinstall.  Nothing.

Screenshot 2021-08-24 074006.png
    324 x 691 - 250K
    Screenshot 2021-08-24 074031.png
    459 x 651 - 30K
  • Those all show as installed through Connect (through Daz Studio) in which case any DIM install is irrelevant. Try right-click on one of the affected products>Uninstall, which will remove the Connect version and might allow the DIM install to show (though I suspect there may be an issue with DIM - either the location it is installing to or dataabse communication - which is preventing DS from seeing those isntallations and so causing it to download the product itself when you try to access it).

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

Richard Haseltine said:

NorthOf45 said:

All that's obviously missing is the product thumbnail - they must have at least basic metadata or they wouldn't show as products in the first place. However, if they are Connect installs it could be that the fiels failed to decypt, which would break everything.

Yes, sorry, I meant that the product has no included metadata, but it does, of course, get the basics generated when installed through DIM (that's all I use) to create the Product and include its assets. A double click on the thumbnail (or its placeholder) should lead to a full list of items, but if they are not present, there is something else wrong with the setup.

Richard Haseltine said:

Those all show as installed through Connect (through Daz Studio) in which case any DIM install is irrelevant. Try right-click on one of the affected products>Uninstall, which will remove the Connect version and might allow the DIM install to show (though I suspect there may be an issue with DIM - either the location it is installing to or dataabse communication - which is preventing DS from seeing those isntallations and so causing it to download the product itself when you try to access it).

Strange.  When I right click I am not given and Uninstall option.  I just logged in to my account through DAZ.  I would like to try and fix this structure though cause I don't want everything being installed on C drive.  I just tried to create a new path for all the DAZ Connect stuff.  Would this work?

Screenshot 2021-08-24 114123.png
    710 x 553 - 72K
  • Do the files for the products show in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats