New PC - Transferred my old library to new PC and shader presets gone

MeneerWolfmanMeneerWolfman Posts: 421

I did an upgrade to my computer this weekend and part of that was doing a fresh install of Windows 10. I copied both my programs files and my library to the new Win10 drive and did a fresh install of PostgreSQL. I have no issue searching for content, but two things are not showing up

• Smart Content (Which I never used, so don't really care about that not appearing)
  • All the hundreds of shader presets I have in the surfaces tab (That one I do care about)

What I have done is:

• Set up Content Management to point at the right content locations
  • Did a fresh install of PostgreSWL
  • Imported metadata from the content tab

PostgrSQL got the search functionality back for files, but the surfacs tab is still a blank slate for presets.

Any thoughts?

Post edited by MeneerWolfman on

Comments

• Smart Content, the Presets tabs, and the Products and Categories containers in the Content Library are all provided by the Content Managment System. The first two also ned compatibility metadata. Since both are broken it seems likely that metadata has not properly imported or that the content directory settings are off. Are the Products and Categories lists in the Content Library pane workling?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Smart Content, the Presets tabs, and the Products and Categories containers in the Content Library are all provided by the Content Managment System. The first two also ned compatibility metadata. Since both are broken it seems likely that metadata has not properly imported or that the content directory settings are off. Are the Products and Categories lists in the Content Library pane workling?

Hi Richard, yes the content loads correctly and if I load a saved scene it's loading all the data and textures correctly too, so I have confidence it's reading from the library alright. If I do a search based on file and not db within the content pane, the search results produce accurate results.

Strangely, if I do a reimport of metadata, it does find actual products. However nothing happens after I do the reimport, it runs for a bit and then ends w/o giving any type of finished or error message. See attached image for what I'm seeing in the reimport metadata pane and the settings I'm running it with.

re-import metadata.jpg
    502 x 532 - 53K
  • I was able to fix it. I decided I had nothing left to lose so I did a db reset and then did a reimport and it worked this time.