"Greeble City Blocks 2" nwill not appear in Daz

I just bought this as the bundle cause you know, sale. And I'm not seeing it in my products page. I did try uninstalling it and re-installing it, no cigar. I tried right clicking and hitting the refresh button, and that didn't work either. I'm checking the Greeble City Blocks 1 and 3 to see if it just somehow merged with the other products, but I'm not seeing it there either. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for this? 

I also added links where I bought the bundle and what I'm missing. 

https://www.daz3d.com/greeble-city-blocks-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/greeble-city-blocks-2

Comments

• Ideas: Check your Product Library in your account and see if it's listed in there. If not, then a ticket to CS would be required. If it is listed, if no download for DIM, there should be a manual download.

Also, check the Poser Runtime folders {content library} - there were some old/legacy D/S files ever made that will not appear in the more recent editions of D/S. If you can load the Poser files, they can be resaved for D/S into the D/S folders. As I recall that situation was more for mat files and scene files, but anyhow, just some ideas.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440
    edited August 2021

Which method do you use to install? To which "Product" view are you referring?

Greeble City Blocks 2 does not have any metadata, so it will not get a default category other than Lost and Found. With Filter By Context checked, it will not show up in the Smart Content list of Products, because Smart Content does not know what it is (no base, no compatibility). With Context unchecked, it should show up.

Smart Content is notoriously deficient for older products that most likely do not have any metadata. When in doubt, look in the Content Library, and its own Products view.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • Catherine3678ab - Thanks! I was looking in the Poser files too, and it wasn't there. I almost did submit a ticket for it last night, but I was so tired, I figured I'd do it today. 

NorthOf45 - Thank you so much! I was able to locate it just like you said. That is kind of weird though, why I have to uncheck filter by context and it's only in the lost and found section. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

It's because of the lack of metadata. It would say what kind of asset each item is, so that only base assets like characters, clothing, environments, architecture, etc., would be displayed in, say, an empty scene. Things like material presets or shader presets are useless without something onto which they can be applied. Those assets in Lost and Found have no status, so Smart Content doesn't know what to do with them, so they get filtered out. No context.