Question on HS dForce Breast & Surface conflicts

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem before. I am trying to simulate breasts into a space smaller than they are -- a metal breastplate. The effect would be the breasts beign squished and flattened. I'm not sure if this can be done with this app, and if it can, what the easiest way to go about it is. Open to any suggestions! Due to subject content, no pics!

Comments

• I don't have the product, but I think you'd need to do a playrange simulation starting with the breasts shrunk to just fit and then restoring to the final size or the asrmour morphed up initially and shrinking in - it certainly wouldn't work if the breast mesh intersected the armour.

• Hexdrake21 said:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem before. I am trying to simulate breasts into a space smaller than they are -- a metal breastplate. The effect would be the breasts beign squished and flattened. I'm not sure if this can be done with this app, and if it can, what the easiest way to go about it is. Open to any suggestions! Due to subject content, no pics!

I'd learn how to make morphs in Blender, and apply them using the Morph Loader. In Blender, you could either sclupt the breasts or use proportional editing to achieve the look you want. If you're going to want to do more ambitious things like this, Blender is certainly your friend as it will make lots of things that seem complicated actually easy. Daz Studio and Blender were made for each other.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

Hexdrake21 said:

I'd learn how to make morphs in Blender, and apply them using the Morph Loader. In Blender, you could either sclupt the breasts or use proportional editing to achieve the look you want. If you're going to want to do more ambitious things like this, Blender is certainly your friend as it will make lots of things that seem complicated actually easy. Daz Studio and Blender were made for each other.

First though is the daunting task of figuring out the Blender UI to be able to do ANYTHING basic, LOL crying

• FSMCDesigns said:

Hexdrake21 said:

First though is the daunting task of figuring out the Blender UI to be able to do ANYTHING basic, LOL crying

It's really not that daunting; it is just different. But the differences are not random, Blender is different for a reason: to make modeling easier. But you won't come to appreciate the differences unless you keep at it. I guarantee you that if you start now, diligently working through, say, the Donut tutorial, by this time next month you will think that Daz Studio is the one with the awkward interface.

• I'll have to look into Blender at some point. Got it installed but haven't had much occasion to use it. I'm just now getting somewhat proficient in Daz after 6 mos of using it! I was hoping to simulate for a natural look, but in between the smoothing, dForce, and animation -- which I may or may not be doing correctly -- I haven't been able to get a good ending. I found a product called Breastacular that uses shells to create collisions. I am planning on setting up the dForce breasts, apply the shell for the collision, and crossing my fingers! I've had to put off the render for now (several hour time sink trying to learn how to do this). May just have to buy some breast morphs that replicate indentions or bite the bullet and learn an entirely new program. Should only take me another 3 mos to figure out what I'm doing, right? Thanks for the input all!

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 872

FSMCDesigns said:

Hexdrake21 said:

It's really not that daunting; it is just different. But the differences are not random, Blender is different for a reason: to make modeling easier. But you won't come to appreciate the differences unless you keep at it. I guarantee you that if you start now, diligently working through, say, the Donut tutorial, by this time next month you will think that Daz Studio is the one with the awkward interface.

As someone who has done alot of Blender, I am seriously gonna disagree with your assessment.

The Blender UI works for you and many who approach things the way you do.  Food variety is abundant and varied, and so hopefully will 3D choices stay that way.  Your enthusiasm is good, but it's now like Blender will save us all.  Disagree 100%.

• I'll state explicitly why I think Blender's UI is so good, and offer it as an objective measure of its UI's goodness.

I'm a UNIX developer be profession, and UNIX has a certain philosophy that has worked extremely well for the last 50+ years: Create small, simple tools that do exactly one thing well. But make it so that these tools communicate with each other and the output of one can alway serve as the input of another. That way, if you know the simple tools, you can compose them in a way to do very complex tasks, tasks that the creators of the simple tools had never thought of. What you can do is limited by your imagination, not the imagination of the person who wrote the tool.

Blender is the same way. I can't count how many times I've used snapping, the transform orientations, the transform pivot point, and the tool transform options together to do something wierd, but exactly what I wanted.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but do you have any objective reasoning that would elevate what you say above merely "this is my approach, and therefore it is the best for me..."?

Not all approaches are objectively equal, and proprietorship doesn't actually improve an approach for anyone but the proprietor.