Can I use the lightning from a HDR and the "appearance" of another?

I'm talking about using the "dome" as appearance yet the lightning from another HDR skybox? I guess I can do 2 separete renders and composite the images in post but can I do it in Daz from the get-go?

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

If you just turn OFF Draw Dome in the  Render settings panel under Environment.  That will give you a transp channel of the background in the PNG. of a render. You might be able to do something similar with another Skydome, but you might introduce other issues too.

• solissolis Posts: 124

This: https://www.daz3d.com/relight_KindredArts will do it. I've used it to do exactly what you're after. By loading a second (invisible) environment, I can assign whatever hdr to it independently of the dome. It's a very flexible system: eg: I've used it lower the brightness of an overly bright dome hdr and then used the second environment to relight the scene - either with the same dome hdr or another one. The addition of the key/fill lights option to further tweak the lighting is very good too (or just create your own lights)