Morphs won't load [RESOLVED]

Hello to all,

Please help a poor eternal newbie :)

My problem is that a lot of my morphs (manually added in Content Library) won't load.

I load a Genesis 8 Female figure, and apply another figure (for example Chasina). The shaders change but the morphs (head and body) don't change at all, my character still has the characteristic G8F shape.
In Parameters --> Currently Used, I have a "Chasina" slider to 100% but it doesn't change anything when I turn it down or up again. The character should load with other sliders in Parameters ("Chasina Head" and "Chasina Body") but they don't appear in my Parameters tab. Any click on "Apply head" won't do anything either.

(Please note that all this works well on my husband's computer)

When I apply them with DIM, it works, but I really would prefer the manual install. Could you help me find a solution?

Thanks a lot!

Post edited by ladyofthelaake on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

The problems are probably described in your log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

Use the "Attach a file" above "Post Comment" button to attach the log file to your post.

• Hi PerttiA, thank you for trying to help!

Once installed through Smart Content, characters load fine when I apply them through the Content Library, go figure (and when installed through DIM, then the useful tabs appear in Parameters, too).

So I tried with another character, and the log file shows that, for example, the .duf loads fine... except it doesn't, and my character still has the basic G8 shape.

Extract from the log :

2021-08-19 18:34:51.759 File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    2021-08-19 18:34:51.760 Loaded file: Lourdes ! Head.duf

So DS doesn't seem to notice that there's an issue here, but I do :)

If you install/update in 'Smart' Content (DAZ Connect) and using DIM, you are essentially installing the products into two different locations (= 2 x the storage space) with anything installed in 'Smart' Content stealing priority over all the other installation methods, it is also known to cause havoc amongst your installed products every now and then.

It is better to stick with one installation method and if it's DIM, you are better off not logging in to DS at all and using DS in offline mode to prevent DAZ Connect from messing up.

If I were you, I would go to 'Smart' Content and uninstall everything, set the DS preferences to Offline use, never to connect anywhere and use DIM to install what you want to be installed. The DIM installed products will appear in 'Smart' Content also (if there are no DAZ Connect installed ones to override them)

Now that you have stuff installed with DIM and stuff installed by DAZ Connect, I think DS is confused about what to use.

• Hum... I'm trying to understand it all...

In fact I always use manual installation (unlike my husband, who uses DIM, and then has his stuff in "Smart Content")... I only used DIM for basic stuff like G8 Starter pack and all.

When I realised this issue of morphs not applying, I tried DIM and saw that it worked. So something must be broken in my manual installation and I can't figure what. I tried to go from scratch and uninstall it all (following the official instructions here : https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055963392-How-do-I-uninstall-delete-Daz-Studio- ), but something remained somewhere since my Content Library was still here when I reinstalled 4.15. Maybe this is where something needs fixing? (in that case, I wouldn't know where to look).

It sounds like the folder where you are installing manually is not configured as a Content Library Folder in DS and is not the same folder where DIM installs content, Manual installations and DIM installations do install the same way if you just use the same folder.

You can see your Content Library folders, change them and specify new ones in Content Directory Manager, what do you have specified under DAZ Studio Formats? and where do you install your products manually?
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/finding_loading_and_organizing_content/tutorials/content_directory_manager/start

• ladyofthelaakeladyofthelaake Posts: 3
    edited August 2021

Oooooh okaaaaaaay, I got it!

I reflected upon that all when having dinner, and my brain worked better, and I thought about the exact same thing you're describing... although you explain it much better than me.

In fact I had a weird manual installation, it seems, all arranged in neat sub-folders, but arranged to MY liking and certainly not to DS's :)

So I guess now all is better since I decided to have a personal "My Daz 3D Library", well arranged, and my characters have stopped looking like Victoria 8 clones.

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to help me, PerttiA!!

P.S : I edited the title of my topic to [RESOLVED], wooohooo!

Post edited by ladyofthelaake on

Nice that you got it working smiley

With manual installations it is important to install anything and everything in Data\ and Runtime\ folders inside the installation file exactly as they are to the Data\ and Runtime\ folders of your Content Library, otherwise the product will not work, at least the way it was planned to.