Cant even get daz 4.15 to open anymore

For some reason no matter what I do the program won't even open anymore at all. I tried to reinstall, system store, and still nothing. It was working just fine but stopped when I was trying to use deforce on something and it froze. After that the program won't open anymore no matter what I do..It was bad enough I couldn't even close the program unless I went into task manager to do it.

Comments

• Try going to (on Windows)

%AppData%/daz 3d/studio4/

and remove the layout files - actions.dsx, customactions.dsx (though you may want to try leaving this oen first as it has your custom actions), layout.dsx, menus.dsx, and toolbars.dsx - then see if DS will restart (with the default layout). If so it's possible that the freeze led to the corruption of the session lauout, which is saved on exit.

• It loads all of those things when I click on it. But daz still won't open at all, the icon appears on my taskbar but when I click it it doesn't open.
    When I made a new account on my PC and tried it, it worked. But I don't want to use a new profile account.

• So you tried removing those files? I'm not sure what you mean by "It loads all of those things when I click on it"

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 292

I had a similar issue while running a render last night - everything simply stopped working, Studio stopped responding, and never picked back up. I had to force quit it from the task manager. I've opened a ticket with the help desk and attached my error file per the crash reporter.

I'm getting an error showing exceptions with Qtscript4.dll, which doesn't seem to be removed or reinstalled when using the DIM to uninstall the base studio application. Renaming the file to a .bak and then attempting to reinstall the application doesn't work like it does for layout, toolbars, menus, etc.

I can still run Studio on my MBPro, but the install on my Win10 box has no joy.