Missing Morph Targets?

After an especially long load, I checked my log file and saw it was riddled with errors, such as:

Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLPain_HD.dsf#eCTRLPain?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Zelara%208/eJCMZelara8_Pain_HDLv2.dsf

It looks like dozens of products are expecting me to own Genesis 8 Facial Expressions, but I don't.

This affects a lot of core characters, so I don't really want to uninstall them. But I don't really want to buy an expression pack I'll never use either.

Is there any way to get around this?

Previous answers weren't helpful, since I have Genesis 3 installed and all my Zev0 products are up-to-date.

Comments

• margrave said:

After an especially long load, I checked my log file and saw it was riddled with errors, such as:

Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLPain_HD.dsf#eCTRLPain?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Zelara%208/eJCMZelara8_Pain_HDLv2.dsf

It looks like dozens of products are expecting me to own Genesis 8 Facial Expressions, but I don't.

This affects a lot of core characters, so I don't really want to uninstall them. But I don't really want to buy an expression pack I'll never use either.

Is there any way to get around this?

Previous answers weren't helpful, since I have Genesis 3 installed and all my Zev0 products are up-to-date.

As the expression pack is affecting "dozens" of products you do have a license for, I would recommend putting it on your wish list and see if it comes up on sale - perhaps in October. {many items have a $1.99 day then}. 

For dozens of products the other 'solution' would be rather time consuming as it would involve editing all those products to not be calling for it. I'd go with the above suggestion ;-)

• That is a warning, not an error. What is happening is that many characters have adjustment morphs so that things like eyes closed and mouth closed work correctly with the new shape (rather than overlapping or leaving gaps) and in order to work those correctives are linked to the character shape and the expression they fix; since you don't have the expressions the link fails, but since you don't have the expressions you don't need the corrective anyway.

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Richard Haseltine said:

That is a warning, not an error. What is happening is that many characters have adjustment morphs so that things like eyes closed and mouth closed work correctly with the new shape (rather than overlapping or leaving gaps) and in order to work those correctives are linked to the character shape and the expression they fix; since you don't have the expressions the link fails, but since you don't have the expressions you don't need the corrective anyway.

I get how it works, I want to know how to fix it so it doesn't drag my loading times down.

Preferably in a way that doesn't involve manually editing dozens of DUF files, which I really don't have time for.

Catherine3678ab said:

As the expression pack is affecting "dozens" of products you do have a license for, I would recommend putting it on your wish list and see if it comes up on sale - perhaps in October. {many items have a $1.99 day then}. 

For dozens of products the other 'solution' would be rather time consuming as it would involve editing all those products to not be calling for it. I'd go with the above suggestion ;-)

I never use pose/expression packs, so it'd basically collect dust in my already-overstuffed product library, but I really don't want to correct the products manually either.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

There's two similar errors you'll find in the log "Could not find target property for formula" and "Could not find output property for formula". They basically mean the same thing, DS has loaded a file with an ERC link in it, problem is DS can't find the required file at the specified pathway, so it fails to make the ERC link between the assets.

The main problem with dealing with them is figuring out which is being caused by a missing dependency, and which was caused by a vendor **** up.

The one you posted is one I get with Victoria 8 and Monique 8, as like you I don't have the expressions pack, in this instance those DSF files are safe to delete as they are correctives for a product you don't have, and don't normally have anything else sending ERC links to them.

That however is the end of the easy to deal with versions of these errors, dealing with most of the others requires a fair bit of DSF and in some cases DUF file editing.

Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Product A/File A.dsf#AssetID?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Product A/File B.dsf

The above is the sort of thing you get when a vendor ****s it up, basically they have made all their morphs and control assets, done ERC freeze and saved them all as morph assets. Then for whatever reason they go and edit some of their files, even change file/folder names, which of course breaks the ERC they didn't bother their arse to check was still working before they package it.

Dealing with Duplicate Formula errors is childs play compared to dealing with this crap.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Bejaymac said:

There's two similar errors you'll find in the log "Could not find target property for formula" and "Could not find output property for formula". They basically mean the same thing, DS has loaded a file with an ERC link in it, problem is DS can't find the required file at the specified pathway, so it fails to make the ERC link between the assets.

The main problem with dealing with them is figuring out which is being caused by a missing dependency, and which was caused by a vendor **** up.

The one you posted is one I get with Victoria 8 and Monique 8, as like you I don't have the expressions pack, in this instance those DSF files are safe to delete as they are correctives for a product you don't have, and don't normally have anything else sending ERC links to them.

That however is the end of the easy to deal with versions of these errors, dealing with most of the others requires a fair bit of DSF and in some cases DUF file editing.

Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Product A/File A.dsf#AssetID?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Product A/File B.dsf

The above is the sort of thing you get when a vendor ****s it up, basically they have made all their morphs and control assets, done ERC freeze and saved them all as morph assets. Then for whatever reason they go and edit some of their files, even change file/folder names, which of course breaks the ERC they didn't bother their arse to check was still working before they package it.

Dealing with Duplicate Formula errors is childs play compared to dealing with this crap.

It's one way to pass the time, although you do need an eye for detail, a mindset for logical thinking and a bucket load of patience wink

Bejaymac said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. I assume whoever makes the core characters for Daz has all the core products like "Genesis 8 Female Expressions" installed, and they saved them improperly.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to edit dozens of DUF files, so...

I guess I'll have to wait till it goes on sale. I just hope it speeds up my G8F loading time.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,254
    edited August 2021

Might shave off a few seconds.

There is a work-a-round if you don't mind renaming a few folders.

If it's open, close D/S.
    Find this folder:  My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs
    Rename that folder: i.e. "Morphs Backup"
    Then make a new folder "Morphs"
    COPY into that new Morphs folder ONLY the DAZ 3D folder plus any folders relevant to the character you plan to use {and of course any folders such as mine &/or anybody else's which contain any form of clone morphs for the auto-fit features to work. Also any that attend to poses. Those are fixes and rather necessary if using their poses.
    When you want 'all' to load again, simply rename those 2 folders.
    CLOSE D/S before digging through its data folders!

n.b. if there are any reading issues later, go to those folders and 'refresh' them. One time I had to go so far as to reboot the computer.

Disclaimer: These are the types of things one does at one's own risk. Your computer is your responsibility, not mine.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on