Content Wizard: Error - "No User Facing Files were detected in the product"

This is an invaluable tool and really should be the very first purchase for all Daz3d users. 
However, I've found some products don't seem to have their Zip file folder structures set correctly and the Analyze fails with the error message "No User Facing Files were detected in the product."  Most of these products have installation instructions that just say drag the folders into My Library and that works but of course w/o using Content Wizard the product won't get added to Smart Content. This error is not covered in the manual (that I could find).
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

Some products do not have any user facing files, but you didn't specify any products so we cannot help in that regard.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358

Some packs are just updated or extra textures or morphs that are just added in the form of dials. You would need to give us the name of the pack so we can look at the file list and tell you if there is a problem or not.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

mark.pashalis_f64474cf6c said:

This is an invaluable tool and really should be the very first purchase for all Daz3d users. 
    However, I've found some products don't seem to have their Zip file folder structures set correctly and the Analyze fails with the error message "No User Facing Files were detected in the product."  Most of these products have installation instructions that just say drag the folders into My Library and that works but of course w/o using Content Wizard the product won't get added to Smart Content. This error is not covered in the manual (that I could find).

In that case, re-pack the ZIP file so that all DAZ-related folders are in the root of the ZIP, e.g "data" instead of "My Library/data". This should fix the issue.

• mPasGamermPasGamer Posts: 5
    edited August 2021

Just an FYI update...

There's really no need for an example product as I've found most products from any vendor except Daz do not pack their products to Content Wizard's liking.
    Content Wizard seems to expect the Supplement.dsx, Manifest.dsx and a Content folder containg all of the product files. So, 3 objects in the root of the zip file, the 2 dsx files and a Content folder containing the Data, People, Runtime, Documentation folders/files etc.
    From Rendo and others this is not been the case. Here are the most common scenarios that I've experienced so far:

1. Instead of a Content folder, a My Library folder is used. This is an easy fix by unzipping the file(s), renaming the My Library folder to Content and then recompressing to a zip file.
    2. No Content folder exists. This requires unpacking the files into a new Content folder and then zipping the Content folder with the product contents before attempting "Analyze" in Content Wizard

Mark_e593e0a5 has the right idea. I may have my configuration wrong as he says just having the files in the root of the zip will work. I've found they need to be in a Content parent folder.

In any case, I hope this helps others.

Post edited by mPasGamer on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited August 2021

Content Wizard does not require the Supplement.dsx and Manifest.dsx files It does require the file structure to be correct as Mark suggested. Riversoft is a great PA who will do his best to help, if you have further issues/questions feel free to stop by the commerical thread felis linked too.

It will still work with zips that do not have a  Content folder but the main folders still have to be there:  People, Documention, data, Runtime-of course that is dependant on what you are installing.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Content Wizard is a absolute must-have product!

Thanks Daventiaki... didn't connect that the 2 dsx files aren't needed but thinking back some 3rd party packs don't include them.

• MadZhangMadZhang Posts: 2
    edited March 2023

mPasGamer said:

Hey mPasGamer.

Recently(2023) I came across the same problem as you. This was the first time I tried the Content Wizard, and it worked fine at first, but suddenly it poped out an error message saying "No User Facing Files were detected in the product."

I googled the problem for several minutes, but the only realvant message is this thread. Life is a circle.

From my opinion, there must be something wrong with the temp files during the unziping and repacking time. So I tried to find and clean them.

At first, I didn't know where the author put the temp files, but after rechecking the Content Wizard throughly, I finally located the directory.

Here is my solution:

1. Go to the Content Wizard, switch to the tab "Installation Options". Under the label "Directories", there lies the directory. By default, it says "XXX/Applications/Data/Daz 3D//DazStudio4 Temp/SCI/". The "XXX" is the directory where you install all the daz files.
    2. Go to the directory, and delete all the files inside.
    3. Return to the Content Wizard, switch back to the tab "Product", and retry the normal unziping and installing procedure.

If everything goes well, the problem will disappear.

Hope this can help you.

1.PNG
    1465 x 856 - 259K
    2.PNG
    852 x 539 - 57K
    Post edited by MadZhang on