all g8.1f model doesn't load correctly, help please

So for a while now, all my g8.1f model looks broken, just doesn't load correctly, i need help please. i can't use any 8.1f model. 

left genesis 8.1 right genesis 8

left g8.1.PNG
834 x 928 - 1M

Comments

• That looks like a non-zero default value for a morph. Check that you aren't missing an update (the Daz install methods can all show updates thata re available; for manual you are going to need to check the zips). If updates don't help then there is a way to fix the issue:

How do you install your content? If it's not through Daz Studio itself you can probably  fix this by loading the Dev Build version of the figure, then Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape, then File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets.

• MerakiMeraki Posts: 38

Richard Haseltine said:

That looks like a non-zero default value for a morph. Check that you aren't missing an update (the Daz install methods can all show updates thata re available; for manual you are going to need to check the zips). If updates don't help then there is a way to fix the issue:

How do you install your content? If it's not through Daz Studio itself you can probably  fix this by loading the Dev Build version of the figure, then Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape, then File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets.

do i need to do that for every model that i have? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Meraki said:

Richard Haseltine said:

That looks like a non-zero default value for a morph. Check that you aren't missing an update (the Daz install methods can all show updates thata re available; for manual you are going to need to check the zips). If updates don't help then there is a way to fix the issue:

You have only one "Genesis 8.1 Female Dev Load" and it can be found in "...\People\Genesis 8 Female\Developer Kit\".

When you zero her (and memorize figure) and "save modified assets", it will fix the non-zero default value for whatever character that's causing the problem.

edited August 2021

I have another issue then, i don't have the dev kit folder because i can't login with daz, postsql error everytime, it is allowed in my firewall, i don't have any anti virus software who could have blocked it and i have the port open 

Edit: i fixed it, i'll try to fix my model problem later

Post edited by Meraki on
  • Meraki said:

I have another issue then, i don't have the dev kit folder because i can't login with daz, postsql error everytime, it is allowed in my firewall, i don't have any anti virus software who could have blocked it and i have the port open 

The DevBuild is part of the base Genesis 8 Starter Essentials install, with versions for both 8 and 8.1.

Edit: i fixed it, i'll try to fix my model problem later

PerttiA said:

Meraki said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You have only one "Genesis 8.1 Female Dev Load" and it can be found in "...\People\Genesis 8 Female\Developer Kit\".

When you zero her (and memorize figure) and "save modified assets", it will fix the non-zero default value for whatever character that's causing the problem.

Okay so i tried that, and it fixed the dev model which is great, but then i save it and reload the model to see if it fixed it and it just load the model back with the problem 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Meraki said:

PerttiA said:

Meraki said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Okay so i tried that, and it fixed the dev model which is great, but then i save it and reload the model to see if it fixed it and it just load the model back with the problem 

That means you didn't save like Richard adviced, or that you have previously saved some character as "Asset" before.

Zeroing the figure, memorizing it and saving Modified Assets fixes the very problem you describe and it only needs to be done with the base G8F/Developer version as every other "character" you have is just a morph, not a real figure.

• Sorry, I missed the memorising step.

edited August 2021

how do i memorise it? because i followed exactly what was said 

edit: found and fixed it, thx you very much for your help

Post edited by Meraki on
  • Just for anyone finding this later: Edit>Figure>Memorise>Memorise Figure Shape