Node Instance Not Appearing Where it Should

Hi everyone,

Just trying to create a node instance exactly where the current node already is but whenever I try to create an instance that copies the position, it doens't and jut moves to a random spot in the project.

It moves to the same random spot no matter which instance option I select.

It moves to the same random spot after restarting Daz.

Looking to avoid an hour of tedious work to get something insignifincat eaxactly in place and trying to figure out to make the instancing work so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,254
    edited August 2021

h said:

Hi everyone,

Just trying to create a node instance exactly where the current node already is but whenever I try to create an instance that copies the position, it doens't and jut moves to a random spot in the project.

It moves to the same random spot no matter which instance option I select.

It moves to the same random spot after restarting Daz.

Looking to avoid an hour of tedious work to get something insignifincat eaxactly in place and trying to figure out to make the instancing work so any help would be appreciated.

Select the parent to selection option. Afterwards you can select that new node and reposition it. If you move the parent, it will of course also move.

Default position is 0.

Nothing I selected had any new node instances going to any random spots. Wherever the original mesh is positioned, a new node instance parented to it, will load exactly where that parent is.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on