Can't read Zophael tips or get tail textures to apply

My Zophael characters tails lost their textures when I went into meshgrabber and then back to move tool.

Shut down Daz and reopened the project and still the same.

Now I can't get the textures to go on the the tails or the covers either.

When I click on the Zophael "tips" for directions Daz shows an error message and says look at the log, I can't make heads or tails (pun) of what the log is saying.

Any help on this would be much appreciated thanks in advance!

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

Okay, this one is trickier than I thought. First, the "tips" is just a placeholder to separate the last two items to set the properties for the tail, so clicking it won't do anything. The presets just set the geoshell visibility.

Now, the weird part. The first time I added the tail cover (it's just a geoshell) it had surfaces for the whole body (which are hidden) and four extra surfaces taken from the tail. Material presets worked okay for the Tail and Tail Cover. Tried the Meshgrabber to do a trivial edit, and had the same result, no materials will apply to the Tail Cover. In fact, the Tail Cover no longer has surfaces to take the materials, just the G8M shell with standard surfaces, no additional ones from the tail. Cleared the scene, restarted Studio, tried again, no good. Didn't save anything, but I don't know what Meshgrabber did behind the scenes. Unfortunately I did not try anything else before, like delete the tail and add it back in to see if it would take the geoshell. As it is now, it no longer gets included with the Tail Cover geoshell anymore.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283

Yea my scene is ruined I have worked hours on it and now it seems corrupted and unfortunately I saved my scene in the corrupted state.

I used meshgrabber to make a hair skullcap fit.

THANK YOU North for testing this out! How awesome of you to make this your project for me!

You are really nice!

Please let me know if you find any solutions.

Best!

Okay, I need more sleep...

Adding the Tail Cover geoshell with the Mesh Grabber tool selected (not necessarily active on any surface) will prevent the geoshell from applying properly. Just select the usual manipulation tools, and then apply the Tail Cover (with G8M selected, not the Tail). Now you can apply the materials to the Tail Cover. They are hierarchical, so you can keep G8M selected.

I vaguely remember reading about some things not working when Mesh Grabber was the active tool, so not likely to forget that, now.

Doesn't work, I have been trying and the tail will not take the materials.  

edited August 2021

I had to save my poses and re-import in Zophael.

Post edited by RexRed on

Delete the existing Tail Cover and apply a new one. Just make sure the Mesh Grabber tool is not selected when you do. Then it should be okay.