Genesis Hands are messed up in Poser

wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25
edited January 2015 in Poser Discussion

Maybe and old problem, but the Genesis Hands are messed up in Poser! If I try to bend the fingers or use the grasp dial and the finger parts are moving in some directions but not in that direction I want them to move. It looks like if I use the bend option they move in bend and site direction together.
I read somewhere that there is an update for the Genesis figure (not genesis 2), and if there is an update where can I find it?
Thanks in advance for any useful answer!

Hand.jpg
640 x 480 - 10K
Post edited by wfbp1w on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,987
    edited December 1969

Which version of Poser? If it's PP2014/Poser Game Developer or possibly Poser 10 do you have SR5.1 installed? SR5.1 seems to be causing some issues, including broken fingers in at least one report I've seen.

• wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

I use Poser Pro2014...

• wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Hm, I found out that the left hand works properly, but the right hands doesn’t, I’ve got the Idea, to go to the “symmetry” options in poser and chose “left arm to right arm” at next there is the a popup window “Do you want to copy the joint zone’s setup also? This option is not undoable” I select yes, tried the hand and finger movement….. And voila, it works again!!
    Something must have messed up the joint zone setup of the right hand!
    If someone has a similar problem, I suggest making a copy of you Poser file before you copy the joint zone setup of your Genesis figure, as it stated “that option isn’t undoable”!

• edited December 1969

Awesome tip, I'll have to try that next time it happens.
    I have the same problem you do it seems, any time I try to apply a hand pose to a Genesis figure it messes up the joint zones so that "bending" now "side-to-side"s and such, so dialing the grasp dial breaks all Genesis's fingers sideways (ouch).
    Does anyone know what initially causes this? It means that in poser I can't create/use hand poses for Genesis.
    I'm using Poser 10 but I'm at 10.0.1, given how these days every software update for any application or OS brings as much risk of bricking or breaking as it does for fixing I don't tend to update my software unless I'm forced to.