ALT + Drag doesn't work anymore

So I found out a long time ago about the whole "ALT and click and drag to place a prop/figure to a specific spot". It was great when I could use it, but after updating Daz one tmie, the feature never worked again. Normally, I don't mind this at all. I've worked without it all this time. Now though, my scene is way too large to try and drag them using the parameters tab to where they need to be. I could just manuualy input the XYZ cordinates, but I'd really like to go back to just using the ALT to solve my problems again. 

I did try to restart the computer, that has never helped. Nor has restarting Daz. Someone else said go and locate it in the keyboard settings under workspace and customize, I cannot find it for the life of me. So as of right now, when I do try to ALT and click and drag, it just acts as though I'm selecting multiple products and highlights them in yellow. 

Thanks in advanced. 

Comments

• I don't think the alt-drag behaviour is customisable (though it's possible a broken layout fiel might cause issues). Does alt F still open the File menu?

• If you mean the file menu like the little file button in the upper left hand corner, yes it does. Didn't know there was a thing for that. 

• It's a fairly standard thing in Windows - Alt with or followed by a letter opens the menu, the eltter to use will appear underlined when the Alt key is pressed, then you can work through sub-menus in the same way.

OK, sounds as if the key is at least registering correctly. Have you tried reloading the layout - Window>Workspace>Select Layout (note that you will lose any customisations to menus and so on)?

• Alright, so I just tried that, and it did reset my layout, but that's fine, I can just set it back up. But it's still acting as though I'm trying to select multiple objects. Is there another way to drag it to another spot or is it just the Alt trick? 

• It is possible only with the Alt key, as far as I know. You could place one item wheer you want the cotnent, then use the Align pan (select the amrker first, then the things you wish to move).

• Sorry that it took me a second to get back to this, but I actually don't know how to do that. 

• Add something to the scene and put it in the camera view (although you could just use the camera itself), then load the item(s) you want. Select the item you placed (or the camera), then (in the Scene pane) select the items you just loaded at world-centre. Now open the Align pane, if it isn't (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Align), and you probably want to set the options for the X and Z axes to Align Centres (if your location is off the floor you might also want to add Align Centres or Align Bottoms for the Y Axis) and click Apply - the things you loaded should now snap into view, or block the camera if you used that, and you can now fairly easily fine-tunr their placement.