Zipping a .duf file

From time to time I have tried to zip .duf files with 7zip without any luck.

Unzipping a .duf file reveals a text file without extension but when I try to zip the same file and rename the .zip to .duf Daz Studio refuse to load the file and I get an error message that it expects either a { or a [

What is the correct procedure to create a zipped .duf that loads into Daz Studio?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878

You can do it from within Daz Studio, I have heard, but I don't know where that command is. Someone (Richard?) will hopefully come along to tell us.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

You don't need to zip a file to make it DUF, a DUF file can be just an uncompressed text file with DUF extension.

There are lots of DUF files that are not compressed and can be opened in whatever text editor to read the code.

• The Compression is GZ, not zip. The Batch Convert pane inside DS (Window>Panes(Tabs)) can handle uncompressing/compressing too.

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited August 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

The Compression is GZ, not zip. The Batch Convert pane inside DS (Window>Panes(Tabs)) can handle uncompressing/compressing too.

Thank you Richard!

Post edited by bringho on
  • bringhobringho Posts: 239

PerttiA said:

You don't need to zip a file to make it DUF, a DUF file can be just an uncompressed text file with DUF extension.

There are lots of DUF files that are not compressed and can be opened in whatever text editor to read the code.I

I'm rebuilding my My Library and  before I scrapped the old one it was over one Tera byte... compressing the uncompressed files should save some space.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,878

Thanks, Richard.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

bringho said:

PerttiA said:

There are lots of DUF files that are not compressed and can be opened in whatever text editor to read the code.I

I'm rebuilding my My Library and  before I scrapped the old one it was over one Tera byte... compressing the uncompressed files should save some space.

I tried that on an old library disc, and got about 25% space back, but that still wasn't enough. Bought a bigger drive that I imagined would do for a while. Guess what time it is?