When a vendor leaves

I'm just wondering what support Daz3D members have when a vendor leaves, in this case Marcius.  I can download the order but all links to the product are now gone.  For example: Kikyou for Genesis 8 Female

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,906

Marcius is gone? Oh, bummer...

What support do you need, and can't it be addressed by DAZ customer support?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    Nothing changes other than the product not being in the store. Daz still supports what you purchased.
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Hylas said:

Marcius is gone? Oh, bummer...

He's moved all his content to RenderHub.

• KitanjiKitanji Posts: 33

Good to know - 

Thanks

• I don't suppose there is much public information regarding Daz (as a broker) retaining rights to PA's content once the contract is terminated between PA and Daz (survivability clauses). So I believe any such arrangement is private. Afaik, Daz only handles packaging and metadata related issues on their own and other issues (geometry, textures) are delegated and handled by the respective PA's since it is part of their IP. Though the entire process is transparent to the user since support acts as a single point of contact irrespective of the nature of the issue.

That being said, I haven't heard any prior precedence where Daz has successfully resolved geometry or texture (non-metadata/non-packaging) related issues for PA products sold but no longer offered through the store after the PA has moved out. If anyone has had such experience feel free to enlighten. Needless to say retired/vaulted Daz Originals are not in this scope.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

Kitanji said:

I'm just wondering what support Daz3D members have when a vendor leaves, in this case Marcius.  I can download the order but all links to the product are now gone.  For example: Kikyou for Genesis 8 Female

Ah, rats! I still had a few of his male characters to pick up and I see they haven't followed him over to his new home. Ah well, better some than none, I guess.

-- Walt Sterdan