Maybe a trick way, to solve the Genesis 8 Female long loading time (30 to 60 Minutes) problem

Hello together,

maybe some of you will also know the problem, that Genesis 8 female took a very and nasty long time to load ! So in addition how much content you have for Genesis 8 Female (Morphs and Characters), it can sometimes took 30 til 60 Minutes or even longer to load a Genesis 8 Female character. Which is very depressing and a reason, why i and others mostly use Genesis 3 Female and not Genesis 8 Female any more. And this even that we have bought tons of content for it !

Anyway today i had maybe a good idea, how this damn problem could maybe and finally by solved. Unfortunally it didn´t work, but probably because i didn´t do it right. But maybe somebody here know the final step to make it work, which i didn´t know.

Well my idea was, to creat a new subfolder in Daz3D (for example: G8F Fast loading) or even a directory on a other drive, in which i installed manually the Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials. After this i tried to rename them into Genesis 9 Female. So i chanced every filename in Genesis 9. In this way i hoped, that i could stop the Daz3D Programm to load every single morph and stuff which is connect with Genesis 8 Female and which cause the damn long loading time. 

Well my hope was, that in this way i could load the Genesis 8 Female in 2 or 3 Minutes again like it was after the new figure came fresh out back then. After this, i would simply use the shapes and other morphs from the content on this Basic Figure and could finally happy use the Genesis 8 Females again. Unfortunally it didn´t work and the Daz3D Programm at once realised it as Genesis 8 female again and started to load every damn morph and stuff again. But maybe it´s because i didn´t do it right !

So maybe somebody here know, how in such a way we finally could solve this damn Genesis 8 Female problem. 

Thanks for listening and best regards to the Community

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Open your log file (Help -> Troubleshooting -> View Log File), look for any G8 figures that are throwing up errors, and uninstall them. Once you've done that, your loading times should go down to a few minutes at most. Whether you can reinstall those products as-is, or how to fix them if you can't, will depend on the error.

• thenoobduckythenoobducky Posts: 68
    edited August 2021

ulrichmschaefer said:

Hello together,

maybe some of you will also know the problem, that Genesis 8 female took a very and nasty long time to load ! So in addition how much content you have for Genesis 8 Female (Morphs and Characters), it can sometimes took 30 til 60 Minutes or even longer to load a Genesis 8 Female character. Which is very depressing and a reason, why i and others mostly use Genesis 3 Female and not Genesis 8 Female any more. And this even that we have bought tons of content for it !

Anyway today i had maybe a good idea, how this damn problem could maybe and finally by solved. Unfortunally it didn´t work, but probably because i didn´t do it right. But maybe somebody here know the final step to make it work, which i didn´t know.

Well my idea was, to creat a new subfolder in Daz3D (for example: G8F Fast loading) or even a directory on a other drive, in which i installed manually the Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials. After this i tried to rename them into Genesis 9 Female. So i chanced every filename in Genesis 9. In this way i hoped, that i could stop the Daz3D Programm to load every single morph and stuff which is connect with Genesis 8 Female and which cause the damn long loading time. 

Well my hope was, that in this way i could load the Genesis 8 Female in 2 or 3 Minutes again like it was after the new figure came fresh out back then. After this, i would simply use the shapes and other morphs from the content on this Basic Figure and could finally happy use the Genesis 8 Females again. Unfortunally it didn´t work and the Daz3D Programm at once realised it as Genesis 8 female again and started to load every damn morph and stuff again. But maybe it´s because i didn´t do it right !

So maybe somebody here know, how in such a way we finally could solve this damn Genesis 8 Female problem. 

Thanks for listening and best regards to the Community

Did you try using a g8.1 or g8?

So I tried this a while ago and thought it didn't work, which is why I ended up writing a program to solve the loading time issue (see my signature). Inspired by this post, I just had another try to figure out what the issue might have been. Turned out G8.1 explicitly references G8 base figure so Daz knows to load G8 contents as well when loading G8.1, if you make a copy of G8.1 you have to delete this reference. 

The good news is there is an easier way to make a copy of the figure. Just go to "File->Save As -> Support Asset -> Figure/Prop Asset"  and Daz will duplicate the figure for you.

The bad news is that major limitations of this method are: 1. have to duplicate tons of files, 2. no easy way to load morphs apart from character. 3. applying a character still takes forever.

You might as well just make multiple installations of g8 essential + whatever characters/morphs you want to group together as a set and switch between sets.

Post edited by thenoobducky on
  • ulrichmschaeferulrichmschaefer Posts: 24
    edited August 2021

Hello thenoobducky,

thank you very much for your response on my suggetion. Well till now i only tried this with the original Genesis 8 Female character. Anyway it´s sad to read, that we still can´t solve this damn problem with this idea. So i really hoped, that this would be the final breakthrough. 

Well one thing i still not understand and get till now is the fact, that i also have tons of content for Genesis 3 Female but there loading time is maximum at 5 minutes ! And this "Long loading time" also only happens very rarely. So i don´t really understand and know, whats the damn problem of Genesis 8 Female. Also this whole thing allready started, when i only had very small content, morphs and characters for Genesis 8 female.

Or to be more exactly and when i remember it right, this whole things started when i bought a Genesis 8 and Genesis 3 Female douple character back then.

After this i really tried everything (complet deinstallation and new installation included), but never got this problem solved ! It´s really a pitty, specially because Genesis 8 female could be great stuff to work and artwork with.

Anyway thank you very much and at least we tried it !

Post edited by ulrichmschaefer on