Using Motion Capture Suit (Like Rokoko) for Genesis 8 characters in UE

Hi, 

I hope this is not a silly question to ask, I've playing around with UE4 and upgrading to UE5 and I was curious, can you use Motion Capture software/suit (Rokoko or the Perception Neuron) and add the animation movements onto a Genesis 8 character?  

Comments

• Yes. You'll need to either pre-record the animations, then retarget, or setup livelink and target directly to the character. There are quite a few examples on Youtube of people doing this.

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

Senor_Monkey said:

Yes. You'll need to either pre-record the animations, then retarget, or setup livelink and target directly to the character. There are quite a few examples on Youtube of people doing this.

Yeah, I did find out that you can retarget the animation to a Genesis 8 character if your using Perception Neuron suit with the plugin installed in UE. 
    That's what I wanted to know. 

• I'm actually working on doing this with a Rokoko suit and live link right now.  I'm having to fix rotations on joints to make everything work correctly.  Once I have it done, I'll share the setup.

• I had a working rig for 4.25 using the Perception Neuron suit and IPhone face capture.  However, when I updated the plugin and decided to move to 4.26 I lost some of the work. Putting it all together tonight and this weekend will post once I do.

• wintoonswintoons Posts: 371

David Vodhanel said:

I'm actually working on doing this with a Rokoko suit and live link right now.  I'm having to fix rotations on joints to make everything work correctly.  Once I have it done, I'll share the setup.

That would be great! Would love to know how to do it :)