G8F: Close right eye deforms teeth.

So this is something that has plagued me for years now but I never knew what was causing it, until now I saw it happen in real time. So here is an image taken with G8 on the left, and G8.1 on the right. Using poses to show not just the teeth but the gums aswell.

Now here is them with the only change being the pose "eyes closed" set to 100.

The regular G8F has separate poses for left eye and right eye closed. Left eye does not change teeth, but right eye closed does. Now, G8.1 has a separate pose set called "blink", and this does not mess with the teeth, which is great, since otherwise the poses are identical. However the regular G8 doesn't have that, and I have probably 2 dozen models made from G8F. Similarly, many if not all expression poses will use "eyes closed" in combination with other default poses to create their look. Which means if I can't fix this, I am stuck with gingivitus forever.

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited August 2021

If you open a property's options, you'll see two tabs. One is "Controllers", the other is "Sub-Components". A controller tells you which other properties are manipulating the current one, and a sub-component tells you which other properties the current one is manipulating.

Check and see if "Eyes Closed" is driving another property which it shouldn't.

If you need to, you can use the Property Heirarchy to remove the controller/sub-component.

Post edited by margrave on
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited August 2021

margrave said:

If you open a property's options, you'll see two tabs. One is "Controllers", the other is "Sub-Components". A controller tells you which other properties are manipulating the current one, and a sub-component tells you which other properties the current one is manipulating.

Check and see if "Eyes Closed" is driving another property which it shouldn't.

If you need to, you can use the Property Heirarchy to remove the controller/sub-component.

How to remove and adding controller/sub component information ? Just edit in DAZ or need external editor ?  I saw your post about toon mom and I think I have similar problem with my custom morph ( not Toon Mom specific) 

Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

Right-click the Properties pane and enable Edit Mode.

Then right-click a property and choose "Show in Property Hierarchy".

The Property Hierarchy pane will allow you to delete controllers and sub-components. To add one, click on the framed letter to the left of the property in the Properties pane and drag it over to the Property Hierarchy pane.

• margrave said:

Right-click the Properties pane and enable Edit Mode.

Then right-click a property and choose "Show in Property Hierarchy".

The Property Hierarchy pane will allow you to delete controllers and sub-components. To add one, click on the framed letter to the left of the property in the Properties pane and drag it over to the Property Hierarchy pane.

Thanks for tips and information