Smart Tab Problems --SOLVED

nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

Products Show up in the Smart Tab;  Items do not.

If the filter box is checked nothing shows up.

Basically this renders the Smart Tab useless.  Has anyone else encountered this problem and how did you resolve it?   I am currently using Windows 7 Pro and all this stuff used to work at one point,  and then one day after loading up Daz it didn't.  Nothing changed in any configurations between the night the computer was shut down and the next day when it was turned on.  No new items installed, no updates.   I have updated the metadata with no luck.  I have also tried working offline which also did not solve the problem.

Post edited by nelsonsmith on

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

On the Smart Content pane, do you have the "Files" tab or the "Products" tab selected?

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336
    edited August 2021

IceCrMn said:

On the Smart Content pane, do you have the "Files" tab or the "Products" tab selected?

When the files tab is selected nothing shows.  When the Products tab is selected everything shows if [All Products] is also selected.  If the "Filter by Context" box is checked it all goes away.  

Without the 'filter by context'  you have to not only know what you have, but what it's compatible with and what it's called.  Rather difficult when you have over 5000 items spaning 4 generations of genesis models.

• Hope you have "All Files" selected on the left column. Try re-importing the metadata. Worst case scenario, you may have to reset the database after taking backups for user data.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336
    edited August 2021

Just wanted to share the fix I found for this as I've discovered that very seldom do you have a problem with software that no one has ever had before, nor will you the be last person to encounter it.  And luckily there was a solution to this problem.

While I don't know what causes this to occur it has something to do with the  PostgreSQL file.  Since I only use the Instal Manager and not Daz Connect, this only pertains to people that use DIM.  
    1.  Open the DAZ Install Manager.
    2.  Go to the Installed tab and unistall both DAZ3d and 
     PostgreSQL.
    3.  Reinstall Daz first, and then the  PostgreSQL.
    4.  Open Daz studio and Re-Import the Metadata.

This should restore the Smart Content Tab and the use of the "Filter By Context" box.