Coal Stove

I purchased this awhile back and now need it but it won't load with a flag telling e to refer to log file. Which doesn't help. I have tried to down load a new file with the same result so now what.

00-daz3d_coal-stove_.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 885K

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126
    edited August 2021

Works just fine for me.

Are you clicking the props?

Or are you clicking on the materials presets? 

Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • cclesuecclesue Posts: 420

Tried both neither works. I should note that I have three separate libraries developed over some years and this has been installed on all of them and none work. I have tried quiting and reloading DAZ and/or the system. . .no joy!

I should also mention that I can import both the FBX and Obj. Versions but I don't know how to get them to add materials

• Which files from which folder are you trying to load? How did you install?

I installed manually and placed the files as indicated from the unpacked Zip files just as I have doe with hundreds of other files. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 3.49.22 PM.png
    1440 x 60 - 30K

Here is the log file notation:

2021-08-04 11:42:23.132     /Users/cclesue/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_23848/props/coal stove/coal stove !preload(iray).duf (1,1): Syntax error - expected '{' or '['
    2021-08-04 11:42:23.135 Error reading file, see log for more details.

That means you have installed it using Connect.

Which uses an entirely differnt directory structure than manual isntalls

Uninstall it from Connect then delete the folder 

/Users/cclesue/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_23848

Studio should then use your manual install.

MIxing install methods isn't really a good idea.It just makes a mess out of things.

edited August 2021

It might say that I installed it using connect but I did not nor do I know how to, let alone how to uninstall it from there.  To my knowledge I have NEVER used Connect.

Post edited by cclesue on

hmm, ok,,well..

just delete the folder 

/Users/cclesue/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_23848

Don't login to Studio when it starts up.You won't need to unless you are using Connect anyway.

You already have it installed manually, so DS should see that install once the Connect folder is deleted.

If not then redo your manual install. Right click the "Props" folder and select "Refresh" and it should show up.

I used DIM to install mine and it works just fine.No error messages.

I do manual installs for everything I get from other stores, but I just use the same library for everything.

I haven't a clue how a product could have installed itself through Connect.First time I've seen that.So I won't be of much help figuring that one out.

• Deleting the folder won't help, DS will still try to load that version.

Find the product - in Products in the Content Library or in the products tab of Smart Content - right-click>Uninstall.

Thankyou all. . . I learned a lot in this exercise. Mr. Haseltine finally hit the correct solution altho I can't be positive that some of the other suggestions didin't clear the field some. Thankyou ALL