ZBrush to Daz Texture question

I know how to save multiple ZBrush Subtools as one OBJ file but when I import them into DAZ it will only allow one texture for the whole OBJ. As a test, I imported one of Birdman’s (free) cars that was a single OBJ - I could change the texture for all of its parts (in the Surfaces tab). How do you export from ZBrush so you can texture all parts of a single OBJ file in DAZ?

Comments

• Are you asking how to export maps or how to create and export surface groups?

• LD1LD1 Posts: 135

No I am asking how to export multiple subtools as a single OBJ that will have separate surfaces in DAZ. So I can add shaders and textures to the different parts. That free car I mentioned was 1 OBJ file, but inside DAZ it had seperate surfaces for the doors, tires, etc. that could be individually textured. How did he do that?

• galiengalien Posts: 137

If you assign different polygroups to the parts of the model in ZBrush, when you import into Daz Studio the polygroups will show as different face groups.  You can then use the geometry editor to create surfaces from the face groups.