Okay...What Did I Do?

I just had something very strange happen. 

I bought some new figures and such in the store, installed them and then when I opened Daz...all the environments I tried showed up sort of black and white without any of the skins or what have you on them. See the attached screenshot I took to see what I mean. I don't know how to make it go back. What did I do and how do I fix it? 
Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-08-04 101754.jpg
1920 x 991 - 433K

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070
    edited August 2021

You are viewing things in wireframe texture shader. So you want to change the viewport back to texture view.

Viewport.jpg
    474 x 679 - 134K
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Ah ha! Okay, thanks! :-)

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

If your new to using DAZ3D then you have different render modes, you'll start in something like texture mode you can switch that in viewport but it isn't a finished render you hit the little camera button on the top tool bar for that this will give you the final render after waiting, you can change your render options to Iray or 3DL in render options along with your aspect ratio, you may want to adjust this according to your monitor size or use some templates provided like 4k 8k 16k or even Eye Max if your doing a super massive render, the higher the aspect ratio the more detail & the larger the image is, take this into account when doing any render and the times taken, you also have different ways to render photorealistic or other modes in render options this also impacts how you render, there are heaps of options you need the switch the right ones on according to what your using.

For example i use in render options Pixel Size global settings W2400 H1280 this aspect ratio covers the 50 inch screen i have but you can adjust this to whatever size you want the final render and viewport to cover.